PDA

View Full Version : Polishers: Meguiars MT300 or Rupes LHR21

Jaretr1
03-26-2015, 08:17 AM
Hello,

I currently have a PC7424XP and am looking to upgrade. I am not a professional, but I might start doing a few more cars here and there.

I tried both these tools out while at detail fest. The Meguiars is light, and smoother than the PC, a definite upgrade. However, the Rupes is in a different league when it comes to smoothness (and cost).

I am leaning towards the Rupes, as it seems if I really want a nice leap forward, that is the tool to have and the larger throw means getting jobs done faster.

I am not interested in the FLEX 3401 as while it is the best tool for the toughest jobs, its a beast of tool to handle (Have tried it as well).

So between the Meguiars and Rupes...what are your thoughts?

Thanks!

KBsToy
03-26-2015, 08:48 AM
Hello,

I currently have a PC7424XP and am looking to upgrade. I am not a professional, but I might start doing a few more cars here and there.

I tried both these tools out while at detail fest. The Meguiars is light, and smoother than the PC, a definite upgrade. However, the Rupes is in a different league when it comes to smoothness (and cost).

I am leaning towards the Rupes, as it seems if I really want a nice leap forward, that is the tool to have and the larger throw means getting jobs done faster.

I am not interested in the FLEX 3401 as while it is the best tool for the toughest jobs, its a beast of tool to handle (Have tried it as well).

Thanks!

I bought a Mequiars and used it on my wifes and liked it, saying that I have never tried a Rupes. I am a weekend detailer and we have 2 cars and they get their loving attention regularly. Money and use of DA played into my decision...

If you got the coins go for it...

Evan.J
03-26-2015, 08:57 AM
Hello,

Thanks!
Shocked you find it a beast to handle..... That's ok always other to choose from.

If you want to make a leap in performance the I would go with the Rupes over the MT300.

The larger throw does help with making correction faster but, with softer paint systems I have found that the large throw causes finishing issues but you can if need be use the PC for that.

I think you have already made your choice on the Rupes so seal the deal and have fun! :props:

dlc95
03-26-2015, 09:05 AM
If you plan on keeping the PC, the Rupes would be nice. If not, the ability to switch backing plates on the Meguiar's machine would make it a stronger contender.

Jaretr1
03-26-2015, 09:41 AM
Definitely leaning towards the Rupes. I tried the Flex 3401 at one of the Thursday night projects and I had all I could do to keep it from walking all over the place. I am sure technique and learning how to handle it would help, but its just to much machine for me :)

WRAPT C5Z06
03-26-2015, 09:59 AM
Definitely leaning towards the Rupes. I tried the Flex 3401 at one of the Thursday night projects and I had all I could do to keep it from walking all over the place. I am sure technique and learning how to handle it would help, but its just to much machine for me :)
The 3401 is definitely harder to handle than the other two, but I love it! If you've tried both, go with the one you like best.

Ncs0816
03-26-2015, 11:12 PM
The Rupes is the best. Italians are better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Guz
03-26-2015, 11:49 PM
Get what fits into your budget.

Mike Phillips
03-31-2015, 10:22 AM
What kind of detailing do you do the most?

:)

ihaveacamaro
03-31-2015, 10:38 AM
Given that you already have a PC, I'd say it's time to upgrade to a Rupes! Use the PC for smaller areas/more intricate areas that aren't too flat.

Jaretr1
03-31-2015, 12:50 PM
What kind of detailing do you do the most?

Right now its just my cars, friends cars, but in the near future it might be part time to make a little extra cash.

After review of all available facts, and conferring with various experts and professionals, and taking into consideration my brief trial of the two at Detail Fest, I went with the Rupes.

Based on everything I read I cant imagine I made a wrong decision. It should arrive today!

Mike Phillips
03-31-2015, 12:53 PM
Right now its just my cars, friends cars, but in the near future it might be part time to make a little extra cash.

After review of all available facts, and conferring with various experts and professionals, and taking into consideration my brief trial of the two at Detail Fest, I went with the Rupes.

Based on everything I read I cant imagine I made a wrong decision. It should arrive today!

I'd recommend to also get and use their pads and products. Not so much because other pads and products won't work but their pads and products together with their tools are a true system approach that does work and works very well.