PDA

View Full Version : Difficult time seeing swirls

11Silverado
03-25-2015, 09:36 PM
Like the title states, I'm having a hard time seeing the swirls and scratches in my paint. I know they are there because in the sun and at the right angle they can be seen. The swirls and scratches are fairly light, but are there. The paint is also metallic which I think is making it more difficult. I have a Flex swirl finder light, but when I am inside I really can't locate the swirls. Do you guys have any suggestions? One other question I have. How do you remove a coating? I just purchased Pinnacle Black Label wheel coating and wondered how I remove it when I want to apply it again. Thank you in advance!

ski2
03-25-2015, 10:50 PM
Read through this thread--it is about garage lighting in general, but eventually gets into a discussion regarding single diode LED flood lights. They really highlight the swirls very well. You can mount them on photography light stands for an economical work light. Finally a comprehensive review of the best bulbs out there... (http://www.autopia.org/forums/show-off-your-garage-/40239-finally-comprehensive-review-bulbs.html)

FUNX650
03-25-2015, 11:33 PM
To find the kind of swirls you're talking about (the kind of which the general populace hasn't a clue)...

It sometimes takes me several different types and "strengths" of light-sources. That, and me twisting & turning as if I were practicing to become the next Pretzel Boy at Ringling Bros.

By then it's up in the air if it's worth my effort, or not.
(My next eye doctor appointment is in July, though.)

Bob