PDA

View Full Version : Rejuvenated Leather?

naruto19
08-28-2007, 06:53 PM
Ok I bought the Leatherique set and was wondering those of you out there how long does it take to get the leather nice and supple again. I have some places espeically near the rear window that feel like cardboard but the rest isn't that bad. How many coats do you think it takes to bring the leather back to life? I am currently on my second coat.

ScottB
08-28-2007, 07:21 PM
follow the directions exactly, including the use of your hands to kneed the product into leather, you will note a difference.

naruto19
08-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Yeah i did exactly that and now it is "steaming" in the sun with the windows rolled up. On my first coat I did notice a lot of dirt come out of the leather at first I thought it was stripping the black dye but suprisingly it was darker than when I started out. Hopefully it will only take a few more coats for the "cardboard" to start to come back to life.

naruto19
08-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Ok maybe I am just applying it wrong or the sun is dyhyradting my leather as fast as Leatherique can hydrate it but I really don't see that much inprovement with my leather. From what I can esimate I have about 4 more applications left in the bottles is this normal? Does it take the whole 32 oz bottle for the system to give results?

TOGWT
08-29-2007, 02:43 AM
Leather Upholstery Renovation (Using Leatherique Products):
Keeping leather clean is important, but conditioning is the key to preserving the life-flexibility – appearance- and longevity of leather upholstery.

Methodology:

Apply cleaning solution (Distilled water /Woolite or Dreft 6:1 or stronger) on to an applicator pad and apply to one area at a time (i.e. a seat back) Use a Micro fibre waffle weave towel (this Mesh towel is double woven micro fibre, made to be safe and scratch-free for all leather and vinyl finishes - http://poorboysworld.com/microfiber.htm (http://poorboysworld.com/microfiber.htm)) rinse in warm, clean water and wring out as much moisture as possible, fold the towel in half and then half again
The oil will work better if you first warm it in a microwave, and also warm the leather surfaces (in the sun, with a hair dryer or with the vehicles heating system) this allows the oil to permeate deeper
Apply 2-3 ounces of the Leatherique Prepping Agent onto each of the seats with a light to medium pressure.
Ensure complete coverage of surfaces, especially the seams
Let the Prepping Agent remain on surfaces 8-24 hours for best results. Avoid driving during cure period.
Once the Prepping Agent has been on the surfaces for at least 8 hours, you will see the grime that has lifted come to the surface, it may be a whitish haze, and any tacky residue on the surface is dirt or pollutants that have been forced out of the fibres.
Put the Prestine Clean in a clean mist / spray bottle, spray lightly onto a 100% cotton DF Microfiber towel, apply to leather surfaces with light to medium pressure, for tough dirt gently agitate the surface with a boar's hair cleaning brush. This removes stubborn grime and will not harm the leather.
Wipe leather surfaces with a damp Microfiber cloth, turn towel to clean fold surface as necessary
Finally buff all leather surfaces with an Autopia Concourse Buffing Towel
If you require a softer finish, repeat the above and / or utilize the Rejuvenator Oil process. Note: Leather that has become cracked from inadequate or inappropriate care usually cannot be restored to its original state by most available products / methods

Nica
08-29-2007, 09:21 AM
Man talk about info, that's wicked info TOGWT...as susual :D

Thank you for sharing