PDA

View Full Version : UDM Arrived!

Pages : [1] 2 3

RJones
08-28-2007, 04:31 PM
My UDM arrived today, delivery person was late so I was getting worried. Few quick observations on the unit:

- unit is built tough, quite heavy, but looks durable
- power switch, wow thats pretty easy to bump on, i haven't tested it out yet but the new switch update should fix that
- unit is quite large, i have small hands so i'll definantly have to use the handle for it
- bag is small, i was hoping it'd be a little larger but I guess i'm gonna buy a detail bag soon to hold all my stuff
- unit came very well packaged

On a side note, the unit came with 2 orange and 1 blue pads which i got as part of a package deal. The blue pad was of course very soft for waxing, but the orange pad was more coarse and still than I would have expected. I don't even want to imagine how rough a yellow pad would be.

I can't wait till my autogeek order arrives next week, first i'll be using SIP and 106FF on my dad's suburban with quite a few swirls, probably start with white pad, then orange if necessary. My car may get some 106FF with white pad on the hood as the dealer "prep" caused a few swirls on my new infiniti. I'll post pictures with my AG order arrives.

ScottB
08-28-2007, 05:50 PM
I was told to make sure and register my unit, as any upgrades would be emailed and retrofits available for current customers. I suggest you do the same.

eShine Canada
08-28-2007, 09:50 PM
My UDM arrived today, delivery person was late so I was getting worried. Few quick observations on the unit:

- power switch, wow thats pretty easy to bump on, i haven't tested it out yet but the new switch update should fix that
- unit is quite large, i have small hands so i'll definantly have to use the handle for it
- bag is small, i was hoping it'd be a little larger but I guess i'm gonna buy a detail bag soon to hold all my stuff

On a side note, the unit came with 2 orange and 1 blue pads which i got as part of a package deal. The blue pad was of course very soft for waxing, but the orange pad was more coarse and still than I would have expected. I don't even want to imagine how rough a yellow pad would be.

I can't wait till my autogeek order arrives next week, first i'll be using SIP and 106FF on my dad's suburban with quite a few swirls, probably start with white pad, then orange if necessary. My car may get some 106FF with white pad on the hood as the dealer "prep" caused a few swirls on my new infiniti. I'll post pictures with my AG order arrives.

Once you pre-dampen the pads they soften right up!

Chris Pace
eShine Car Care

RJones
08-28-2007, 10:02 PM
Do you just pre-dampen with QD or pad conditioner?

eShine Canada
08-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Do you just pre-dampen with QD or pad conditioner?

I use water. Everyone has their own methods. I totally soak mine under running water, Squeeze out the majority, then I either spin dry it or wrap it in a terry towel and squeeze it. The pad will then just be damp all the way through. Using a squirt bottle leaves the pad too stiff for my liking.

Chris Pace
eShine Car Care

blk45
08-28-2007, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the tip!

FMINUS
08-28-2007, 11:38 PM
I was told to make sure and register my unit, as any upgrades would be emailed and retrofits available for current customers. I suggest you do the same.

I hate registering my products, most registration forms do not have a privacy policy and sell you information for profits :mad:

CalgaryDetail
08-29-2007, 08:35 AM
congats on the new udm, make sur to get us lots of pics of it in use... we love pics

blkexcoupe
08-29-2007, 01:47 PM

When I got my UDM and tried to register the website never worked. :confused: I guess I should try again now...

RJones
08-29-2007, 01:49 PM
The website works fine now, i registered mine right away.

richy
08-29-2007, 02:32 PM

I want to order a UDM this weekend..what's the deal with the switch update? That's the only recurring complaint I've heard from people on this unit.

klumzypinoy
08-29-2007, 02:39 PM
I want to order a UDM this weekend..what's the deal with the switch update? That's the only recurring complaint I've heard from people on this unit.

The counter weight is getting a remake so you can use the Edge pads and bigger backing plate, but 5 inch backing plate is good enough for me :D

Ruttrow
08-29-2007, 02:55 PM
From what I have read the switch uodate is a freebie for registered owners.

richy
08-29-2007, 03:01 PM
From what I have read the switch uodate is a freebie for registered owners.
All the more reason to register it!

RJones
08-29-2007, 03:10 PM
The counter weight is getting a remake so you can use the Edge pads and bigger backing plate, but 5 inch backing plate is good enough for me :D

Yeah, when the update comes out the UDM will then sell for $199, but registered owners can get the upgrade for $50. Plus we get an extra backing plate.