PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass tonneau cover

xabo
03-24-2015, 02:27 PM
When removing swirls from and polishing a fiberglass tonneau cover, can the same products used for the body be used or is there something specific that must/should be used? Thanks

11Silverado
03-24-2015, 02:40 PM
I'm curious about this too. I have yet to polish my truck and it has a painted tonneau cover. I'm not sure how differently it will act versus the factory paint or if it will at all.

dad07
03-24-2015, 04:33 PM
When removing swirls from and polishing a fiberglass tonneau cover, can the same products used for the body be used or is there something specific that must/should be used? Thanks

I'm curious about this too. I have yet to polish my truck and it has a painted tonneau cover. I'm not sure how differently it will act versus the factory paint or if it will at all.

Painted tonneau covers can be treated the same as the rest of the vehicle.......but they can act differently (could be softer or harder, generally softer... at least what I've come across) so a test spot is important to what works and what doesn't.

What works on the rest of the paint may need a little tweaking to work on the cover.

xabo
03-24-2015, 05:39 PM
Painted tonneau covers can be treated the same as the rest of the vehicle.......but they can act differently (could be softer or harder, generally softer... at least what I've come across) so a test spot is important to what works and what doesn't.

What works on the rest of the paint may need a little tweaking to work on the cover.

Thanks for the reply