PDA

View Full Version : New to Leather

zdharris
03-24-2015, 09:14 AM
Hello, I'm an amateur detailer, have been detailing for about five years now, but never have had to deal with leather interior. I purchased a dodge challenger that has the Nappa leather with the cloud overprint. I'm curious as to what the recommended product to use on this leather would be? Also, would like to know if there is a recommended schedule as to when I should do it? Like twice a year or what? It's a weekend driver and sits under a car cover under a covered building when it's not being driven. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Mask
03-24-2015, 09:33 AM
This might be the new addiction:
http://www.autogeek.net/dp-apc-plus.html

:D

Evan.J
03-24-2015, 09:34 AM
You can use any leather product as long as it is dye free. Some products contain dyes that can cause a discoloration of the leather. I would try something like the Sonax foam Leather spray.

zdharris
03-24-2015, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the input, not sure I trust something that can clean everything on my leather. Haha I was looking at the Pinnacle leather conditioner and cleaner, but you think the Sonax spray would be just as effective?

Evan.J
03-24-2015, 10:22 AM
I have been using the Sonax Leather cleaner and I like how effective it can be and that I doesn't leave the leather feeling oily or slick like some leather cleaners do.

zdharris
03-24-2015, 10:25 AM
Awesome. I'll give that a try then. Thanks for the input Evan.J