PDA

View Full Version : Removing Water Stain from Upholstery

JoshV70
03-23-2015, 08:04 PM
I purchased a car back in October and due to the inclement weather, I haven't had a chance to perform a full detail on it yet. With that said, due to some snow on my jacket the other day, this water stain formed. I have a HP100 hot water extractor, Folex, etc. but haven't cleaned upholstery like this in the past as all of my other cars have been strictly leather. I'm worried about the stain spreading or becoming worse with water application. Any suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e51/joshv70/snow.jpg

Mantilgh
03-24-2015, 09:22 AM
Most likely the seats are lightly soiled. When the snow got it wet it dissolved the dirt in on the seat. Then the dry area drawls the moisture out pulling some of the dissolved dirt with it to the edges.

Seats don't look to soiled so you could probably get away with just Folex. If you use it, don't just clean that spot. Do the whole section or you may end up with another line from it wicking into the dry unsaturated area and do the seat back too to also prevent this.

JoshV70
03-24-2015, 01:34 PM
Most likely the seats are lightly soiled. When the snow got it wet it dissolved the dirt in on the seat. Then the dry area drawls the moisture out pulling some of the dissolved dirt with it to the edges.

Seats don't look to soiled so you could probably get away with just Folex. If you use it, don't just clean that spot. Do the whole section or you may end up with another line from it wicking into the dry unsaturated area and do the seat back too to also prevent this.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try the Folex on the section this weekend and see how it comes out. Probably wouldn't hurt to use 303 Fabric Guard on it once I'm done, too.