PDA

View Full Version : Matte black Mach 1 spoiler?

Justin at Final Inspection
03-23-2015, 03:57 PM
Client dropped off his 03 Azure blue Mach 1 for a correction and PBL coatings. My question is, is there anything I can do to clean/polish/coat the factory matte black spoiler?

ronkh57
03-23-2015, 04:04 PM
anything I've heard is nothing by hand/machine cuz that can make it shiney.

Nick McKees37
03-23-2015, 04:36 PM
Meguiars Plastx (http://www.autogeek.net/meplclplclpo.html) is your best bet to "polish" it to remove embedded dirt, road film, etc. Apply it by hand. Try it first in a small area and see how it does.

A matte-finish approved spray wax will add protection. Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax, Optimum Car Wax, Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax, just to name a few.

03-24-2015, 05:54 AM
Meguiars Plastx (http://www.autogeek.net/meplclplclpo.html) is your best bet to "polish" it to remove embedded dirt, road film, etc. Apply it by hand. Try it first in a small area and see how it does.

A matte-finish approved spray wax will add protection. Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax, Optimum Car Wax, Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax, just to name a few.

Thanks Nick. I may have to give this a try.

Azure
11-20-2015, 10:16 AM
I clay bar and polish mine same as the rest of the paint. It shines up a little more, but still has a matte black paint look compared to the rest of the paint. Sorry, I don't have a close up picture though.

I've heard of some other owners using 303 Aerospace Protectant on their matte black parts, like the mirrors and the rear spoiler. I would worry about streaks with applying that IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FUNX650
11-20-2015, 10:43 AM
IMO:
Use products specifically designed for matte...
if you want to keep it the same "matte-ness",
as it was originally intended to be, that is.

These are some matte product Brands:
-Nanolex
-Dr. Beasley's
-Swissvax
-RatWax

Bob

Azure
11-20-2015, 11:09 AM
IMO:

-Nanolex

-Dr. Beasley's

-Swissvax

-RatWax

Bob

Thanks, I'll look into these for next spring. Winter is upon us here in Indiana. :( Until reading this thread, I hadn't thought about it. Do you think any of these products would be good for protecting the matte hood and lower door decals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11-20-2015, 11:48 AM
IMO:

-Nanolex
-Dr. Beasley's
-Swissvax
-RatWax

Bob

Good to know about these products! Thanks!