PDA

View Full Version : How to clean a rag top?

BrianMcLeod
03-23-2015, 02:19 PM
So a friend asked me if I can clean the top of her car here are some pics how would you go about this 331963319733198

I think it's a Lincoln

MPBGT
03-23-2015, 05:31 PM
Since that's vinyl I would start with a mild mix of APC and a scrub brush. If a mild mix does not work just up your dosage a little. You can also buy specific tonneau and convertible top cleaners that work on both fabric and vinyl.

Once done and dry just treat with your favorite water based protectant with UV protection. I would recommend 303AP or others prefer products like Vinyelx by Lexol. Both are good options.

dad07
03-23-2015, 05:36 PM
Since that's vinyl I would start with a mild mix of APC and a scrub brush. If a mild mix does not work just up your dosage a little. You can also buy specific tonneau and convertible top cleaners that work on both fabric and vinyl.

Once done and dry just treat with your favorite water based protectant with UV protection. I would recommend 303AP or others prefer products like Vinyelx by Lexol. Both are good options.

:iagree: and when you think it's dry enough let it dry some more........many very good protectants out there.

FUNX650
03-23-2015, 06:01 PM
Re: How to clean a rag top?

With a: ragg, mopp...Ragg Mopp. :D

Bob