PDA

View Full Version : What is this? One pass of XMT 2

kellyinkc
06-17-2006, 07:51 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/S4300073.JPG

ScottB
06-17-2006, 08:15 AM
without seeing a closeup, it could be micromarring or holograms. Removing polish to soon, not working it thru, and using abrasive polishes and/or abrasive pads contribute to it.

Remember to work polish until it is done and flash cures (dries to a haze). Remember to to keep pad lightly damp as possible if polishing in sun or direct sunlight. Should likely work each panel 5 minutes or more. Then move to a lighter polish and lighter pad to remove any micromarring or holograms if needed. Heres direction:

Yellow --- orange ---- white --- grey (moving pad from abrasive to least)

Compound --- Aggressive Polish --- Med Polish (XMT2) ---- Light Polish (XMT1) --- finishing polish (XMT Glaze) (moving polishes from abrasive to least)

kellyinkc
06-17-2006, 08:24 AM
5 minutes?? Maybe thats my problem. Still learning the PC. There was a haze on paint when I wiped it off. Just do not know when to stop the PC. Are there pics of what it looks like when it's done before one wipes it off?

Thanks.

Totoland Mach
06-17-2006, 08:42 AM
Kelly: I did the same thing with XMT 2 on that black Roush a few weeks ago. Be sure to work an area until there is just a light haze left. And, don't load up the pad too heavily with product. I typically make an "X" of product on the pad and work a small area at a time: 1 fender, or 1/2 hood.

Holler if you need some help.

Toto

kellyinkc
06-17-2006, 08:46 AM
Will do Totoland! But cannot find your number. Going back out and work it some more, not a bad morning out. Black's a pain in the......

ScottB
06-17-2006, 09:54 AM
Will do Totoland! But cannot find your number. Going back out and work it some more, not a bad morning out. Black's a pain in the......

see PM ... sent a couple video links you might find interesting. Remember a PC is very friendly and safe, but you will likely need to use it alot harder then first thought. Time is not its strong point, as the PC will not correct (polish) anywhere near as fast as a circular buffer.

NissanOwner
06-17-2006, 02:12 PM
see PM ... sent a couple video links you might find interesting. Remember a PC is very friendly and safe, but you will likely need to use it alot harder then first thought. Time is not its strong point, as the PC will not correct (polish) anywhere near as fast as a circular buffer.

killr, can you post those links
thanks

ScottB
06-17-2006, 03:31 PM
killr, can you post those links
thanks
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=582
(its within this post)

abrcrombe
06-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Very good link. Thanks Killr!