PDA

View Full Version : Dog hair?

Pages : [1] 2

Cmvondran
03-23-2015, 08:58 AM
What is the best way to remove dog hair? It's woven into the carpet & seats.

Desertnate
03-23-2015, 09:12 AM
I first go over the surfaces with a shop vac. I then wrap a strip of duct tape around my hand sticky side out and then pat down the surfaces to get the remainders.

I heard of some people using a pumice stone to pull out dog hair. My wife recently picked up a synthetic pumice stone made from recycled materials. It worked well on our couch, but I haven't tried it on a vehicle yet.

ScottB
03-23-2015, 09:13 AM
Rubber Pet Brush (http://www.autogeek.net/rubber-pet-brush.html)

rbdetail
03-23-2015, 09:53 AM
The recycled beer bottle stone works well. Just be careful around plastic trim.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

conman1395
03-23-2015, 10:12 AM
Rubber brush is what I use.

oldmodman
03-24-2015, 04:32 AM
I tried a bunch of stuff but what worked best is a plain old 3M Lint Roller.

Bought a 12 pack at Walmart and they pull up just about anything stuck down in the fabric of a carpet or cloth seat.

After you pull the hair out with a lint roller then vacuum.

Desertnate
03-24-2015, 07:45 AM
The recycled beer bottle stone works well. Just be careful around plastic trim.

That's what I referenced in my post! I wasn't sure if you could find them in many places since the packaging on mine looked very local/small buisness-ish.

rbdetail
03-24-2015, 08:06 AM
I got mine from my local detailing supplier. Didn't have any packaging, but I was told it was "some old guy's invention". It works pretty well.

Hermes1
03-24-2015, 02:48 PM
Rubber Pet Brush (http://www.autogeek.net/rubber-pet-brush.html)

I vacum as much as I can with a shop vac and then use a rubber brush very similar to this. If there is a lot of dog hair, I also use the rubber brush and vacum simultaneously.

flatstick
03-24-2015, 03:03 PM
I vacum as much as I can with a shop vac and then use a rubber brush very similar to this. If there is a lot of dog hair, I also use the rubber brush and vacum simultaneously.

x2 ... if you do not have a rubber brush you can put latex gloves on your hand and rub the hair towards your shop vac and get er gone !

Driven Auto Detail
03-24-2015, 04:10 PM
Google "Pet Hair Rock"

Nothing else even compares to this tool. We have 2 lab retrievers so I know.

Hermes1
03-24-2015, 09:53 PM
x2 ... if you do not have a rubber brush you can put latex gloves on your hand and rub the hair towards your shop vac and get er gone !

Aye, good tip there, I will have to try it.

MikeC78
03-24-2015, 10:57 PM
Rubber brush, Vac, and my little trick, a 3M lint roller.

Driven Auto Detail
03-25-2015, 06:10 AM
You're creating more work for yourself if you don't go with a pet hair rock. Just sayin'. I've tried all the tools out there. The rock blows them all away.

Mike Phillips
03-26-2015, 08:02 AM
i use Rubber brush

Actually... you embedded hidden .png file in your gibberish post.

Here's a screenshot of you post using the quote and Editor Mode when replying to a thread.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/PNG_Malware.jpg

Now you will be blocked from posting to our forum again.

To everyone reading this, if you notice a new member with only a few posts adding one-liner simple posts to threads on our forum, chances are it's a malware spammer.

You can use the quote option to reply to them and then switch over to "Editor Mode" to see the pure code instead of the WYSIWYG interface and if you see a hidden image using a .png file extension then report the post.

Thank you!

:)