PDA

View Full Version : Just Ordered HD Polish and Adapt

Pages : [1] 2 3

conman1395
03-23-2015, 12:22 AM
I just ordered the two.
Really excited to try them. I've heard a lot about Adapt. What do you guys think of Polish?
I know AG doesn't carry this line, but I know PBMG's Autopia does. If however this still violates rules then go ahead and remove this thread.

The Guz
03-23-2015, 01:12 AM
I hear good things about both as well. I am considering giving HD Polish a shot as well as Poxy.

binly
03-23-2015, 02:00 AM
I hear good things about both as well. I am considering giving HD Polish a shot as well as Poxy.

Funny, I just ordered HD Polish and Poxy. Should be here by Wednesday.

ski2
03-23-2015, 06:45 AM
Just keep in mind with HD Polish and Adapt "less is more" Don't do a conventional priming of the pad. 5-6 pea sized drops on the perimeter to start then 3-4 pea sized drops for each additional section.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-23-2015, 08:22 AM
HD Adapt is my favorite 1-step and HD Polish is my favorite finishing polish.

Just keep in mind with HD Polish and Adapt "less is more" Don't do a conventional priming of the pad. 5-6 pea sized drops on the perimeter to start then 3-4 pea sized drops for each additional section.
Agreed.

conman1395
03-23-2015, 08:37 AM
What is Polish like compared to M205?

WRAPT C5Z06
03-23-2015, 08:54 AM
What is Polish like compared to M205?
I find HD Polish to finish way better on soft paint vs. M205. Both are easy to polish with and remove.

conman1395
03-23-2015, 10:01 AM
I find HD Polish to finish way better on soft paint vs. M205. Both are easy to polish with and remove.
Does it cut as well as M205? Is it also pad dependant and versatile? It's also non-diminishing as well right?

WRAPT C5Z06
03-23-2015, 10:19 AM
Does it cut as well as M205? Is it also pad dependant and versatile? It's also non-diminishing as well right?

Similar in the cutting department. Yes, non diminishing. Can be used with any pad.

zmcgovern45
03-23-2015, 11:24 AM
I enjoy Adapt... great 1 step product, can make a good compound or finishing polish too depending on the pad you use and the paint you're working with.

HD Adapt - Paint Correction - YouTube

Got the chance to play with Adapt some this past weekend... these defects were moderate swirls from "full service wash" establishments... deeper than your average marring, but not what I would consider RIDS... anyway, Adapt on an Orange LC pad made quick work of them in 3 section passes on the Rupes LHR21. The video isn't the best, but inspection under LED flashlight showed a mar free finish on this jet black paint.

Polish is a nice product too, though I find myself using Reflect and M205 more frequently. Just personal preference I guess.

Be sure to post up a review when you've had some time to use them!

-Zach

af90
03-23-2015, 11:35 AM
I like HD polish for the fact that there is much fewer polishing oils compared to Menzerna SF4000.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-23-2015, 11:41 AM
I enjoy Adapt... great 1 step product, can make a good compound or finishing polish too depending on the pad you use and the paint you're working with.

HD Adapt - Paint Correction - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uNt1YyKcYI)

Got the chance to play with Adapt some this past weekend... these defects were moderate swirls from "full service wash" establishments... deeper than your average marring, but not what I would consider RIDS... anyway, Adapt on an Orange LC pad made quick work of them in 3 section passes on the Rupes LHR21. The video isn't the best, but inspection under LED flashlight showed a mar free finish on this jet black paint.

Polish is a nice product too, though I find myself using Reflect and M205 more frequently. Just personal preference I guess.

Be sure to post up a review when you've had some time to use them!

-Zach
Nice job, Zach. For having the cut of a light compound, Adapt finishes fantastic, even on soft paint.

silverfox
03-23-2015, 12:23 PM
M205 is better suited for hard paint. HD polish finishes perfect every time on all paints. I've thrown the rest of my stash of finishing polishes out. Poxy similar to Pinnacle synergy ( I believe that's the one)....at 1/5 the cost. Montan wax, sealant hybrid.

HateSwirls
03-23-2015, 07:27 PM
Try HD Adapt using it with Meg's MF Cutting disk.
Wow!

However my go to is now Meg's Correction Compound.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-23-2015, 07:30 PM
Meg's cutting compound doesn't finish anywhere near as good as ADAPT