PDA

View Full Version : Dlux vs Gtechnic C4

dchristo
03-21-2015, 01:51 PM
I know this has been asked and answered but I couldnt find it.
I have a brand new wrangler jeep with lots of plastic ( fenders, bumpers etc ) and was wandering which of the above would be the best to use for protection and looks

and what to use on soft top

TIA

kevincwelch
03-21-2015, 03:14 PM
I'm a big fan of C1 and EXOv2 as well as G1, but I was not impressed with C4.

I have used CarPro DLUX on my car and my wife's car, and IMHO protection lasted significantly longer. This was measured subjectively over two different Chicago winters.

I'd go with DLUX.

FUNX650
03-21-2015, 03:51 PM
IMO...
Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus is a:
Best Buy for products in this category.

Bob

DeviousDetail
03-23-2015, 01:45 PM
I would also say to go with DLUX. Been using it for a couple years now on trim and nothing compares.

Maybe someone could answer a question for me. Do you apply DLUX on the wheels themselves or do you use a different coating? I thought it was only meant for rubber or plastic surfaces and that using regular CQuartz would be better for things like the wheels. Any input on this guys?

SonOfOC
03-23-2015, 01:52 PM
Had same results as "kevincwelch".....Dlux is better than C4.

Rsurfer
03-23-2015, 03:10 PM
The problem with C4 is if you applied a little to thick it won't smooth out after a few minutes. After drying, it's impossible to remove. It lasted for a year for me, but putting a second coat was not pretty.

kevincwelch
03-23-2015, 03:52 PM
Maybe someone could answer a question for me. Do you apply DLUX on the wheels themselves or do you use a different coating? I thought it was only meant for rubber or plastic surfaces and that using regular CQuartz would be better for things like the wheels. Any input on this guys?

I haven't used DLUX on the wheels themselves. I've used Gtechniq C5 (or C1) or PBL wheel coating.

In reality, I don't know how much different DLUX is from C.Quartz. Once I heard that C5 was really C1 repackaged (and that Permanon Platinum was the same thing as C2v3 -- I think), I started wondering if any of these products could be interchanged.