PDA

View Full Version : Collinite observations

Pages : [1] 2 3

PA DETAILER
03-21-2015, 10:46 AM
Not new to it, but did the first wash this morning. No other products but a straight wash, flood rinse and ww dry.

1. We had snow friday. After driving to work in it and looking at the xterra, it was like dirt would not stick. Snow and dirt just slid off.

2. After washing and during i noticed wow, does this stuff bead water! I mean crazy sheeting/beading. When i did my first wash after the DP PAINT COAT, the coating did not even act this good!

3. After drying the shine is still amazing.

Again, not new to it, but wow! I can see why it has a cult following.

Sicoupe
03-21-2015, 10:53 AM
Not new to it, but did the first wash this morning. No other products but a straight wash, flood rinse and ww dry.

1. We had snow friday. After driving to work in it and looking at the xterra, it was like dirt would not stick. Snow and dirt just slid off.

2. After washing and during i noticed wow, does this stuff bead water! I mean crazy sheeting/beading. When i did my first wash after the DP PAINT COAT, the coating did not even act this good!

Again, not new to it, but wow! I can see why it has a cult following.Good to hear! I'm still waiting to apply my DP coating on my paint and wheels. Hopefully soon:)

Odisious
03-21-2015, 11:11 AM
Love collinite! Didn't love the dust attraction, but if you use a good QD or WW it's a small issue. It does bead and sheet better than a coatings because coatings stink in that regard...I prefer the coating though for it's measurable layer of protection and amazing cleanabiliy. The ultimate might be to coat and top with collinite...and I'm even thinking then throw some WGDGLS or BFCS on that to get rid of the dust...I think that'd be a cool combo, but lots of money as far as that goes.

PA DETAILER
03-21-2015, 12:08 PM
I got the PB SPRAY & GLOSS to maintain it.

MarkD51
03-21-2015, 12:41 PM
Love collinite! Didn't love the dust attraction, but if you use a good QD or WW it's a small issue. It does bead and sheet better than a coatings because coatings stink in that regard...I prefer the coating though for it's measurable layer of protection and amazing cleanabiliy. The ultimate might be to coat and top with collinite...and I'm even thinking then throw some WGDGLS or BFCS on that to get rid of the dust...I think that'd be a cool combo, but lots of money as far as that goes.

Oddly, I seem to believe Colly 845 actually seemed to attract dust less than many WOWA-WOWO Sealants I have used, like UPPG, Optimum Opti-Seal, WGDGPS 3.0, Menzerna Powerlock, Wolfgang Liquid Seal, DG 105-501-111.

I'm in a nature's "test lab" here, and although I haven't done any form of controlled tests like doing sections of panels, then waiting for the winds and dusts to blow, I'm still of the belief that it fares prety well in this regard.

In truth, nothing, and I mean nothing here really has a head-shoulders advantage no matter what.

When the monsoon season comes, it's often white-outs/brown outs, I can't even see a 9000' mountain range which begins just a mile or so east of me.

If you notice an advantage with a particular product over Collinite, there's no doubt no harm-no foul at all,

MarkD51
03-21-2015, 12:43 PM

Another quality of Collinite products, is the difficulty getting it off your hands, and applicators!

FUNX650
03-21-2015, 01:23 PM
After reading all of the excellent results
that you reported in your OP...

Why would you need the PB Spray&Gloss
...(or any other "QD" for that matter)...
in order to maintain the Collinite #845?

Bob

Meticulous-Detail
03-21-2015, 01:24 PM
I wasn't to happy with DP either, only seem to last 8 months and that is with D156 after every wash. Colly 845 is awesome!

NightForce
03-21-2015, 03:36 PM
The entire Collinite line is awesome. Collinite 845 in particular is surprisingly easy to apply with any dual action polisher and of course an appropriate foam pad. On my Porter Cable 7424 I set the machine speed to 3 and in no time I can wax the entier nose of my truck or car....

Zubair
03-21-2015, 04:13 PM
Collinites have static especially the pastes on initial application. After the first wash theres no dust attraction more like dust repulsion as the car stays cleaner for longer. I dont see any need for QD's on Collie.

Mask
03-21-2015, 04:36 PM
I guess it depends on regional :)

PA DETAILER
03-21-2015, 05:43 PM
After reading all of the excellent results
that you reported in your OP...

Why would you need the PB Spray&Gloss
...(or any other "QD" for that matter)...
in order to maintain the Collinite #845?

Bob

Going to use it as a drying aid.

FUNX650
03-21-2015, 07:04 PM
Going to use it as a drying aid.
OK, if you now say so.

Oh well...Either way:
It'll probably change Collinite #845's
"water-behavior characteristics".

Bob

Rsurfer
03-21-2015, 07:31 PM

Based on your Avatar, I can see why you favor Collinite.

Klasse Act
03-21-2015, 09:10 PM
I have the Collinite tripplets and love all of them! I applied 2x's #476 to get me through the winter and it did an outstanding job! Now I did have a base of DGNCC laid down but the last layers before winter were those coats of #476.

The #845 is SO easy to apply/remove that you could apply every 2 month as to keep it strong and fresh or if your like me, like the action of applying/removing and enjoying the "just waxed look"😎

If you've got a darker colored car #915 is the way to go without a doubt. Not only does this was look great but lasts a long time as well, you just can't go wrong with any of the Collinite product IMO and as you can read here, others agree as well👍

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk