PDA

View Full Version : Porsche Platinum Satin Wheels Staining?

luciddaydream
03-19-2015, 09:11 PM
Hey there

I just had my car detailed and the guy who details it said that the wheels have started to stain.

I wasn't quite sure what he meant by it, but he said something about the wheels heating up and then getting something on them.

He said that you cannot fix this.

But this surprises me and I am not quite sure what he meant by it all.

This is what the wheels look like:

http://s29.postimg.org/lvxvwlnoz/wheels.jpg?noCache=1426817427

Is it really impossible to clean them if they have a bit of stain on them?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I've just never heard of this phenomenon

Sizzle Chest
03-19-2015, 09:28 PM
I have the same wheels on my 991. I have not heard of anyone having any problems with these wheels on any of the Porsche forums I visit.

I may take a leap here and say you may need to find another detail guy...

(it could have also been what ever product he used on your wheels...if he used an acid based cleaner/etc)

luciddaydream
03-19-2015, 09:46 PM
Ok. Thanks. Any recommendations of something badass I can try to clean em with?

Sizzle Chest
03-19-2015, 11:19 PM
Well, before any recommendations are given, I think we need to see a few good close up pics of your wheels and any spots that are 'stained' so we can make a determination of what may help you out.

Post up some pics!

1fastTbird
03-20-2015, 06:38 AM
I may take a leap here and say you may need to find another detail guy...

(it could have also been what ever product he used on your wheels...if he used an acid based cleaner/etc)

....What he said.

Either he doesn't know how to clean off the etched-in brake dust or he used a cleaner that damaged your wheels. Your picture is way too small for us to tell exactly.
Even if you are tracking your car every weekend, I doubt that heat from the brakes caused any kind of damage.