PDA

View Full Version : Nanoskin questions

Supergus1
03-19-2015, 02:58 PM
First question: For anyone who has switched from a clay bar to a Nanoskin Autoscrub product, did you return to using clay bars? If so, why?
Second question: What would the benefits be by using one Nanoskin Autoscrub product over another i.e. wash mitt vs. towel vs. prep sponge? It seems the wash mitt is the most logical since you're using a wash solution for your lubricant, eliminating a separate wash step that one would use prior to decon. I would appreciate any input and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Zelfiris
03-19-2015, 03:32 PM
Did I returned to using clay bars? No, never, not yet at least. Maybe if it's really nasty like wheels caked in brake dust I would rather not expose my clay towel then I'll bust out a clay bar to throw away.

The mitt and sponge function the same way, gently gliding over the surface to remove contaminates. You can use any of them together with your car soap/ wash solution.

In my opinion you cannot go wrong getting either the towel or the sponge. It will save you a lot of time

CaveRacing
03-19-2015, 04:01 PM
I recently bought the combo pack of the sponge because I wanted to try the medium and the fine grade. I've used them both now.

I'm not going back to clay. The nanoskin gives much better feedback, in my opinion.

I've tried the sponge two different ways. Once I used the wash soap and another time I used a traditional clay lubricant (it was ONR diluted accordingly). I probably prefer using the wash soap.

I intend to get the fine grade mitt. I think that is the best option. You'll find varying opinions here about mitt vs towel, and you probably can't go wrong either way.

Kamakaz1961
03-19-2015, 04:04 PM
I use the Nanoskin Blue Sponge and will not be going back to clay. I cannot comment on any other Nanoskin Product as I have been very happy with the Sponge. I have the 6" Blue DA scrubber, however, I have not used it and it is still brand new.

I use Rinseless Wash as my lubricant. Pinnacle RW w/Carnauba at a higher mix ratio and it has worked fine.

As for my procedure I wash and dry and then Nanoscrub

RegalOne
03-19-2015, 05:24 PM
I am a newbie but I wanted to know the difference between clay and Nanoskin. I have the Blue Mitt and compared this to some Pinnacle clay. For me, again not a pro, I found the Nanoskin was easier to use and did just as good as job as the clay. No kneading, folding or fear of dropping the clay. I used clay lube with the clay and the same lube and some car wash soap(different sections just to test) with the Nanoskin mitt. The directions state that you should use is it above 55 F so I don't think I will be breaking out this weekend to use on my wife's car.

Paul A.
03-19-2015, 05:33 PM
I use my nanoskin mitt probably 85 percent of the time. For the remaining 15 percent, i still break out my traditional clay and always on wheels and rocker panel bottoms.

I like the mitt and you'll find many different personal perspectives on which nano product people here like. My choice for the mitt is that i use it with my foam gun for a "second" wash using the same soap i just used to wash the vehicle.

tpr1634
03-19-2015, 05:48 PM
I can't see me going back and I have several clay bars in my cabinet. There is still certain situation where the clay bar will still be used but it's limited. Onr for my lube......

808_detail_nut
03-19-2015, 06:11 PM
I use my nanoskin mitt probably 85 percent of the time. For the remaining 15 percent, i still break out my traditional clay and always on wheels and rocker panel bottoms.

I like the mitt and you'll find many different personal perspectives on which nano product people here like. My choice for the mitt is that i use it with my foam gun for a "second" wash using the same soap i just used to wash the vehicle.

I do the exact same but I stopped using soap and went back to clay lubricant. One reason was that I have very hard water and I dont like to keep water on the vehicle. Also I found you get much less marring when using the clay lube. Another is if you drop it you can wash it and get back to work. Next is the price, 50 bucks give or take for a mitt that will last you over 50 cars or 30 bucks or so for a clay bar that you can do maybe 4 cars? Not to mention it reduces the time it takes to clay a entire vehicle. I havent tried the medium grade but I plan on ordering the block combo pack.