PDA

View Full Version : shmitt ripped, other options?

A1monky
08-27-2007, 04:58 PM
My new shmitt has completly ripped. I sent 2 e-mails to AG and no response. I am dissapointed to say the least.
I love the way the shmitt cleans, but I am tried of the ripping.
What do you guys think about the cobra chenille mitt?? Does it shed?
I also wanted to try a deep nap microfiber mitt. Any suggestions?
Any opinions on the cobra mitt?

Thanks, Mike

Dust2Glory
08-27-2007, 05:12 PM
forget the schmitt and go with the LC Ulti-mitt, way better. I won't even go into my Schmitt story. In the end I purchased 2 Ulti-Mitts and forgot about Edge altogether

Ruttrow
08-27-2007, 06:56 PM
I just bought and used the Ultimitt combo pack. Better than any other mitt I have used

Meghan
08-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Send me a PM, let me know your situation and your order number and I will take care of you.
And what email did you send the info to, we check all of our emails Monday thru Friday many times a day and several times on Saturday.

pt91
08-27-2007, 08:33 PM
i really like the cobra chenille mitts. i also use deep nap microfiber mitts but the good ones are getting scarce. although i still use the lc mitt and wools, the mf mitts are my go to mitts for my cars. typically use foam on customer cars that are going to be polished. i just don't think the foams are as flexible in tight spaces like seams, under door handles, etc as the micros are.

Wolf-Strong
08-28-2007, 01:08 AM
I am a huge fan of the microfiber mitts. They don't shed, are very durable, so very gentile on the paint, and hold a LOT of suds.

Sevenrd
08-28-2007, 01:29 AM
I've had great results with sea sponges. (My first one is still going strong after about a year of use) BHB's are nice as well, although on a very dirty car I find the sea sponges work better to remove more dirt. The BHB covers a wider area and rinses clean very easily. For my own car, I use the BHB. For filthy customer cars, the sea sponge.

klumzypinoy
08-28-2007, 03:04 AM
wo0t Meghan to the rescue!
The only other wash tool I've used is a lambs wool mitt, "dad's old t shirt", and that swirl inducing synthetic mitt that tries to copy a lambs wool mitt :p. I like the lambs wool, but tend to go to the Shmitt. The wash water just pours right out of the lambs wool. I am going to get the Ulti-Mit once my Shmitt is devastated. I did accidentally poke a hole with my finger :p.

orngez
08-28-2007, 03:46 AM
as far as OTC options...at walmart the Eurow wool mitts are awesome and super cheap.....just a pain to maintain like any wool mitt...at Costco the micro chenille mitts they sell work very well, i use them for my ONR washes all the time...for my car i like the shmitt...sorry to hear that yours ripped...but mine it still lasting strong...the LC ultimitt i have heard mixed reviews about...havent tried it myself...but i hear the biggest downside to them is their durability...they seem to rip easier than the shmitt....

Gary Sword
08-28-2007, 05:43 AM
I like the ShMitt and I have never had one rip but I had them come unglued.

HighEndDetail
08-28-2007, 06:58 AM
I like the ShMitt and I have never had one rip

My first one I had used it since april. And besides a few small gashes in it worked like new. Last week I gave it to a client to use till he could order one for himself. Now I have a special new one :D to use

A1monky
08-28-2007, 07:21 AM
I like the ShMitt and I have never had one rip but I had them come unglued.

Thats what I ment when I said that it ripped. Sorry for not being more specific.

I think I will try the chenile, and a microfiber mitt. I am going home (south FL) this weekend to detail some cars. It will be a good time to test out new mitts.
Thank you Megan! You guys rock! One day when I am driving down to Jupiter I will stop buy and let ya'll see what I do with my almost weekly orders.

BILL
08-28-2007, 07:25 AM
I've had great results with sea sponges. (My first one is still going strong after about a year of use) BHB's are nice as well, although on a very dirty car I find the sea sponges work better to remove more dirt. The BHB covers a wider area and rinses clean very easily. For my own car, I use the BHB. For filthy customer cars, the sea sponge.

I also like the sea sponge....tryed and tested:)