PDA

View Full Version : Newest DP Product :(

Odisious
03-18-2015, 02:00 PM
I gave the newest DP Flex Fit hat product a go which I thought was a steal at $25.00. Boy was I wrong! I tried this as both an applicator and as a buffer...Don't trust the "flex fit" it totally flew off my DA. When I finally got it to stay on the DA it marred my paint like crazy and removed whole rows of clear, base and primer (I'm down to bare metal in circular stripes all over the panels). The button in the middle is a very poor design as that was the source of the marring. The brim made it waaaaaaaaay off balance. I'm pretty sure there is some cotton in there and that's unusual for a buffer or applicator. I'm giving it three stars because maybe it's just my backing plate, but my vehicle has some issues now after using it.
http://ep.yimg.com/ay/autogeek/autogeek-brushed-cotton-twill-cap-11.gif

dpk20x
03-18-2015, 02:07 PM
Sounds like too much product to me. Try only 3 dime size drops and run your machine at speed 4.

Also a spritz or two of water never hurts as your product dries out.

Your welcome.

:D

rms64
03-18-2015, 02:09 PM
Perhaps you should look at your technique before throwing such wild disparaging remarks around.

Are you applying too much pressure? Is the headband secure? How are you cleaning - after every section pass?

Pics (please!)..

~TumbleWeed~
03-18-2015, 02:12 PM
taking off the sticker before application helps.

Dan K
03-18-2015, 02:35 PM
If you are using a standard DA you need the low profile hat, but the regular hat should work fine with the additional power of the 3401.

dpk20x
03-18-2015, 02:38 PM
taking off the sticker before application helps.

Wait I thought you were supposed to leave the sticker on. That's what all the cool kids do.

Maybe Mike P can chime in on this one

Paul A.
03-18-2015, 03:50 PM
Mine worked perfect on my rotary at speed 6! I, too, initially thought the brim was mis-engineered on this thing but found out it perfectly balances it out at super duper paint burning speed. I say give it another go...on the wife/girlfriends car!

SirTanon
03-18-2015, 04:19 PM
Did you properly prime the hat before use?

Mike Phillips
03-18-2015, 04:41 PM
nice info, because i use it

Wow! You have 4 posts and each one of them includes the .png malware

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/png_malware_spammer.jpg

Sorry buddy but you're about to be eliminated....

:D

rms64
03-18-2015, 06:28 PM
No bueno when Mike P personally zaps you....

:nomore:

Odisious
03-18-2015, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the input guys...I'll try the suggestions you've given on my Dad's new GSX tomorrow.