PDA

View Full Version : ONR or QEW (Killerwheels)

Pages : [1] 2

joe.p
06-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Do you guys use either one for QD'ers,
if so any opinions.
Killer,your the QD'er guy have you ever tried to use
them for this purpose.How about for claying

Thought this might becost effective,i'm constantly
QD'ing..

BILL
06-17-2006, 07:37 AM
Do you guys use either one for QD'ers,
if so any opinions.
Killer,your the QD'er guy have you ever tried to use
them for this purpose.How about for claying

Thought this might becost effective,i'm constantly
QD'ing..

JOE: When your constantly QDing.. Do you find the end results after each time glossier?? do you get a layering effect??? just curious as to how much you can use the Qd'ing product and still ger optimum effects.......

thanks............:)

ScottB
06-17-2006, 08:01 AM
I love QD'ers but they must offer some additional protection or gloss, since I dont really use them for cleaning. (Mothers Showtime, spot cleaning) I like the additional gloss that most offer, and I demand no streaking and easy to use quick buffing. Some of the best are Pinnacles Crystal Mist, Poorboys Spray and Gloss, Clearkote Quikshine, Finish Kare 425, Sonus Acrylic Spritz, and Werkstatt Acrylic Glos.

As for claying, I usually just use the clay lubricants offered in kit. (DP does sell it seperately also) That said, if I needed a cheaper substitute I would likely go to carwash soap/water. I have found that the Optimum Five in One Waterless wash adds alot of lubrication but no suds and that might work also. Dilute it less, and place in spray bottle with some water. Its a super nice product at great value, but be forwarned in smells like dung.

joe.p
06-17-2006, 03:07 PM
I agree,all the waterless wash have an odor that is not pleasing to the old schnazola(the old nose).I'm wondering how much streaking would be left behind on a hot humid day.

The QD'ers definately restore slickness and enhance the paints apperance in which prolongs your LSP. Killer, I noticed your a fan of Fk1 425. I have a 4oz sample bottle i'm gonna have to give a try.

I have the WG spritz 1/2 gallon to be exact,any issues with this over carnaubas.

ScottB
06-17-2006, 03:21 PM
I have found 425 to be very versatile and easy to use with no streaking. I did not like it initially, but after seeing it the next morning I was impressed. I even like it better than Z8 over Zaino.

I never used the WG spritz over a carnuaba, but I hope you have the newer version that smells like citrus. The original (smelled like mans cologne) did not work as the scent somehow mixed incorrectly with the gloss additive. Only those that had the original testing kits got it. I actually liked the smell, but too wondered why it didnt work.

justin_murphy
06-17-2006, 04:41 PM
I just ordered the FK1 sample kit today. Father's Dady to myself!

Can't wait to try 425. Dude on Autopia uses it on EVERYTHING! LCD's, wood trim. You name it.

BILL
06-17-2006, 04:44 PM
What is this Fk1 425????

justin_murphy
06-17-2006, 04:45 PM
Finish Kare 1

Specialize in paint decontamination and anti-static products.

BILL
06-17-2006, 05:04 PM
Finish Kare 1
Specialize in paint decontamination and anti-static products.

Thanks but looks like a real estate site.....:)

justin_murphy
06-17-2006, 05:06 PM

Their site does suck. LOL.
Good reviews on some of their stuff though.

20 bux and 4.99 flat shipping....what the heck. Sample kit to the door.

BILL
06-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Their site does suck. LOL.
Good reviews on some of their stuff though.

20 bux and 4.99 flat shipping....what the heck. Sample kit to the door.

How can i get a sample kit???:confused: Cant find the site......

justin_murphy
06-17-2006, 05:26 PM
GOOGLE SEARCH : Finish Kare

Sorry!

Here.

BILL
06-17-2006, 05:44 PM
THANKS justin :-)

joe.p
06-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Bill ,you QUACK me up :D

Justin,
have you used the kit. I have the sample kit but have not got around to using
it. I'm getting so many samples i don't even know what i have anymore :confused: ..

Reddwarf
06-17-2006, 10:19 PM
I just used the Poorboys spay & gloss today after waxing the car. It seemed to work well and had a lemon sent.

Why not use the WG Spritz over a carnuba wax? I got a free (thank you AG) sample of it and I have Natty's Blue on the car.