PDA

View Full Version : Polishing the top?

makdaddy626
08-27-2007, 03:26 PM
When working on your personal vehicles, do you bother with polishing the top of SUV's, pick-ups, and vans?

I always, wash and protect the top, but is it worth the time to polish it if it's to high to be seen? Would it be better to not remove any of the CC?

trhland
08-27-2007, 03:54 PM
When working on your personal vehicles, do you bother with polishing the top of SUV's, pick-ups, and vans?

I always, wash and protect the top, but is it worth the time to polish it if it's to high to be seen? Would it be better to not remove any of the CC? good quistion. i have 2 trucks and as far as the top i make sure its washed and clayed and waxed. i never polished it do to you really cant see it the trucks lifted. but i have to say about 2 weeks ago i was bored and i did polish it . just for the hell of it but really not nessery.

Jimmie
08-27-2007, 03:55 PM
I have an SUV. I'll polish all of the smooth flat areas but do most of the top by hand with an AIO since it has channels all over the top. (2001 Expedition)

Stittville Ed
08-27-2007, 04:04 PM
I polish and wax the top of my work van which is a long wheelbase Chevy 3/4 ton.
I have to use a 6 foot step ladder and work from both sides.
With the top polished and waxed in the winter the snow will blow off on the way home at 55 MPH or a little faster :D

Keep the garage a little dryer in the winter.

makdaddy626
08-27-2007, 04:09 PM
I do wash, clay and seal/wax - but was thinking that maybe it wasn't worth the effort to worry about minor swirling and polsihing.

trhland
08-27-2007, 04:13 PM
You Really Dont Need To . Unless You Want The Birds To See There Reflection Clear As The Crap On Your Roof:d

ScottB
08-27-2007, 04:26 PM
I polished mine recently with ZAIO (an AIO product) and used the smaller 4 inch pad. Quite easy with a nice ladder.

Surfer
08-27-2007, 04:28 PM
I just clay, clean with AIO and seal. My roof on my suv has groves in it, and the roof rack blocks a large portion of it, and that thing is a pain in the ass to remove lol. I can polish the front section just above the windshield but thats it.