PDA

View Full Version : Hose nozzles

Pages : [1] 2

Jersey John
03-16-2015, 11:20 AM
So I'm looking at getting a firemans hose nozzle as a replacement to my crappy 6 function spray nozzle and I wanted to know everyone's opinion. Are the firemen's nozzles worth it or what does everyone else use.
Thanks in advance.

SameGuy
03-16-2015, 11:30 AM
I have two of them and love them, but they have their own set of quirks. When you set them down on the ground, because they're quite hefty any movement of the hose causes the spray pattern to change and I never know what it'll be when I turn the water back on. Mine are both Gilberts, from Lowes.

Firehouse Mike
03-16-2015, 11:58 AM
I've used them before, they are heavy and do use a LOT of water. I've settled on this Gilmour. Works awesome! You still cant just drop it on the pavement, but it's been very durable.

Gilmour (http://www.gilmour.com/watering-products/spray-nozzles/specialty/front-lever-nozzle-2/)

~TumbleWeed~
03-16-2015, 12:07 PM
We have about 110 lbs of pressure coming out of our spigot at home …...so plenty of pressure. :dblthumb2:

Out of these six Nozzles….

My favorite (surprisingly) is the one on the bottom left. It has an EXCELLENT single sprayer that doesn't fan out or spurt at all. I also love the shower settings. they are perfect for washing the cars.

Next, is the small one on the middle far right.

With these two inexpensive nozzles, I can easily detail an entire car with ease.

My next favorite would be the Big Red firehose nozzle. But it's really bulky and doesn't sit in the hand right and also as stated above, whenever you set it down, it adjusts itself very easily as it is sensitive.

So because of those issues, I never use it for washing my cars anymore.

Next would be the yellow one in the top right side of the four…. just didn't like the way it sprayed. too sputtery and not enough force or pressure ….

And last but not least….. my least favorite (again surprised) was the Hosezzle. This thing was a complete failure on all levels.

Not sure if I got a defective one or not but no matter how I set it…it spurted everywhere and wasn't precise at all. Very disappointed with it and returned it.

Hope that helps some…..

SameGuy
03-16-2015, 12:16 PM
Gilbert, Gilmour, I knew it started with "Gil". :)

Setec Astronomy
03-16-2015, 12:22 PM
So I'm looking at getting a firemans hose nozzle as a replacement to my crappy 6 function spray nozzle and I wanted to know everyone's opinion. Are the firemen's nozzles worth it or what does everyone else use.

I always use a crappy 6-function spray nozzle.

Oh, wait, you want one where the trigger is on the nozzle side, not the "back". That way when you drop it it doesn't spray you. Like the Gilmour Firehouse Mike linked.

Jersey John
03-16-2015, 12:24 PM
I always use a crappy 6-function spray nozzle.
I was happy with the one I had but then I started using a new one which had half the pressure of the old one. It was from harbor freight so it might be that lol

Setec Astronomy
03-16-2015, 12:41 PM
Sometimes (like in that pictured Gilmour) they have a flow adjustment knob on the back you may have to fiddle with.

MikeC78
03-16-2015, 12:43 PM
This: The Finest Water Hose Nozzle - Cleaning Tools - Car Washing - Car Care - Griot's Garage (http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/the+finest+water+hose+nozzle.do)

Zelfiris
03-16-2015, 12:50 PM
Get the brass gilmour nozzle from amazon. It's the best I have ever used. Grab brass quick disconnects while you're at it

Audiman
03-19-2015, 10:27 PM
This product is from Bon Aire, I've used this sprayer for years, aluminum and stainless construction, rubber at ends so not to scratch paint. Also Bon Aire will send you new orings when the old ones finally give in.

Real Riders
03-20-2015, 12:21 AM
I like the bend and spray nozzle. It's very durable and it's turns itself off

Bend and Spray Water Nozzle (http://www.autogeek.net/bend-and-spray-water-nozzle.html)

Mask
03-20-2015, 02:14 AM
I like the bend and spray nozzle. It's very durable and it's turns itself off

Bend and Spray Water Nozzle (http://www.autogeek.net/bend-and-spray-water-nozzle.html)

this look interesting :D

VISITOR
03-20-2015, 02:39 AM
i have a few different fireman hose nozzles, some are small and some are larger. i don't use them as much because of the pistol grip on the foam gun, unless i use a quick disconnect on the fireman nozzle for the final rinse where you turn the nozzle all the way to the blooming pattern and do a final flood/sheeting rinse before drying, but most of the time i will take off any hose accessory and just use the hose then...

Desertnate
03-20-2015, 07:47 AM
I use a fireman's nozzle too and like it much better than the standard multi-position variety you get at the hardware store. I found mine at a local farm supply store for really cheap. With my terrible water pressure, it makes rinsing or flooding a breeze.