PDA

View Full Version : Hydro2 streaking!

Mulletman44
03-16-2015, 08:55 AM
I got some hydro2 after hearing good reviews and liking the ease of use about it. So trying it for the first time I used it after I had washed but made sure the paint was still wet and ten sprayed it on one panel at a time out of direct sunlight and then washed it off with my power washer. Now it beaded great and looked great but when I got it in the garage to dry it looking up close there is what looks to be streak marks all over the paint and windows. If I scrub hard I can get them off but it would be a terrible task to do for the whole truck. What did I do wrong? And how do I get them off?

Sizzle Chest
03-16-2015, 09:05 AM
I've had this issue before as well. Perhaps your dilution ratio is not correct? IE: too much Hydro not enough water.

I did this once figuring 'more was better' and it streaked like crazy on me. I wound up living with it for a week then couldn't stand it anymore and wound up having to give the car a light machine polishing to take them off. Re-applied and all was well.

I have also found when doing the roof panel that you will have to rinse the rest of the vehicle very good afterwards so any Hydro that 'runs' down the windows and other panels does not streak.

It really is an excellent product.

Keep us posted and I hope this helps.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-16-2015, 08:27 PM
What dilution did you use?

ronkh57
03-16-2015, 08:57 PM
Too strong dilution, or too much sprayed, or not rinsed strong enough/long enough or not dried well enough. Or all of/any combination there of.

Mulletman44
03-16-2015, 09:09 PM
I actually used a 4:1 ratio. I maybe have not rinsed the rest of the vehicle well enough after doing the roof. I also may have used to much.. I will try to change these things and see if it helps!

ronkh57
03-16-2015, 09:41 PM
I actually used a 4:1 ratio. I maybe have not rinsed the rest of the vehicle well enough after doing the roof. I also may have used to much.. I will try to change these things and see if it helps!

it will.
slight learning curve, but all in all a decent product

crash93ssei
03-17-2015, 10:43 AM
I had that as well with my first use, not as bad though. Diluting it a little more may help as well as making sure the surface us thoroughly wet before spraying, also the better your sprayer mists the less chance you have of streaking as the product will be more every dispersed.

ronkh57
03-17-2015, 12:05 PM
as well as make sure you rinse all adjacent areas continously

WRAPT C5Z06
03-18-2015, 10:52 AM
as well as make sure you rinse all adjacent areas continously
Very good point.

If used correctly, there should be no problem using it at 3:1 as instructed.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
03-19-2015, 07:08 AM
The power washer is your issue. Use a hose, you need volume of water on the panel for hydro2 to bond, the pressure doesn't really help. It works fine for wheels but I have streaking when I use my PW and if I use a hose it's fine. Also make sure to rinse the car well prior to remove any soap film, clay lube, etc.

It could be another issue but I would start there. Also work top to bottom and rinse each panel for 15-20 seconds. Use LOTS of water. I honestly don't think hydro2 is any quicker than using a wipe on, walk away product like opti-seal, plus no issues with streaking. I only really use it on wheels but other people have really great success with it.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-19-2015, 08:33 AM
It works fine for wheels but I have streaking when I use my PW and if I use a hose it's fine.

I would think the exact opposite. Do you rinse with the "flooding" technique or attach a nozzle to your hose?

Mulletman44
03-20-2015, 12:17 AM
I had read the more pressure the better but also was concerned about blasting it all off before it could bond. But might as well try the hose method as the pressure washer did streak.