PDA

View Full Version : LC Ulti-mit confusion...

Pages : [1] 2

superdigg
08-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Got my order today which contained an Ulti-mit - or so i thought? I ordered the red one but got one that is red on the cubed side and black on the other. On the plastic bag containing the mit it says "Great for bumpers, glass, cladding, tires and wheel wells" which is the description for the Scrubber wheel mit (Lake Country Manufacturing Inc. - Products - Detail Accessories (http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/pro_ulti_mit_scrubber.html))

Does anybody know if I have the right mit? Has LC changed the colors somehow or is it another explanation?

Confused...

budman3
08-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Yeah, you have the right one. The red is the soft one for paint and the yellow is for wheels and tires. The ulti-mitts are one sided, if that is what you're looking for.

The Pad Man
08-27-2007, 02:30 PM
They must have put it accidentally in the wrong bag. Sorry for the mistake.

superdigg
08-27-2007, 02:34 PM
They must have put it accidentally in the wrong bag. Sorry for the mistake.
That's what I hoped for :)

Had to check though - wouldn't dare washing my car with it if it were a chance it could be a scrubber...

gary26
08-27-2007, 06:28 PM
I got the same thing today on my order today says it good for cleaning everything. But it's doesn't mention anything about car's painted finish. I think we recieved the wrong items.

Gary Sword
08-27-2007, 06:34 PM
If you guys think you got the wrong mitt I would check it out before using on my paint. Call AG or give Meghan a PM.

Ruttrow
08-27-2007, 06:52 PM
My combo that came last week was red/black & yellow/black.

superdigg
08-28-2007, 01:05 AM
My combo that came last week was red/black & yellow/black.
Ok, that's at least an indication that they just have put it in the wrong bag. Will PM Meghan to make sure.

superdigg
08-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Yup. Confirmed by Meghan as well - they've put it in the wrong bag. Red is the wash-mit and yes it is supposed to be red/black.

Good to know :)

The Pad Man
08-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Hey Guys, I am sorry for the confusion. The red mitt is for washing and the yellow for scrubbing. If anyone has any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me here at the factory. Thanks

Eric

dontsleeponit
08-28-2007, 04:37 PM
Is the black portion of the red mitt the same foam as the front just a different color? Or is it more agressive, for wheels and things?

budman3
08-28-2007, 05:36 PM
It's ... different. It's quite soft but thin also. Not quite a bug scrubber but just backing to the mitt.

Ruttrow
08-28-2007, 07:21 PM
It's ... different. It's quite soft but thin also. Not quite a bug scrubber but just backing to the mitt.

I agree

MadOzodi
08-31-2007, 10:39 AM
Does anyone think the black foam backing does TOO good of a job holding soapy water? When I try to rinse out the Ulti-Mit, the black foam backing doesn't want to let go of any sudsy foamy water, hehe. I've actually started to use is as a "reservoir" for soapy water when I feel like I'm running out on the red cubed side and don't want to make a trip to the bucket. Seriously, if feel like you need more suds, just flip the Ulti-Mit and squeeze that black foam...BAM!! Instant additional sudsy action!

The Pad Man
08-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Thew black foam was intended to hold more soapy water since the foam cell structure is closer together than the red foam. I have been using mine and washed over 75 cars with them and they hold up great.