PDA

View Full Version : Any other F1 fans out there?

Pages : [1] 2

Rmd
03-15-2015, 12:12 AM
Stoked for the 2015 season. Australian GP starting now (West Coast time). Interesting to see some of the European detailing product labels on the cars, like Sonax on the red bull team, etc.

conman1395
03-15-2015, 12:33 AM
Yes sir! I'm a huge Sebastian Vettel fan! I would definitely say I jumped on the bandwagon.

Rmd
03-15-2015, 01:03 AM
I'm an open wheel racing guy, and my first love is Indycar, but it is like choosing which of your pets (or kids) you love the most. I can definitely see how F1 has a more "snobby" reputation than Nascar, which I also like. I was just checking out ticket prices for the only American F1 race at COTA in Austin. Best seats run $1529 each. Seriously. Take the wife, your two kids, buy a parking pass, some nachos and sodas, maybe a couple beers, and you are out an easy $6500 for the day. Yikes. Want a team tshirt/jersey? Shell out $70

I'm going to the Long Beach GP Indycar race this year because its close to me and a 3 day pass with parking is $150. Don't know what Nascar tix cost but I'll get to one of those races before long.

Read a quote from Bernie Ecclestone recently where he said that to run an F1 team, a Billion dollars will get you through 3 seasons. Damn. You have to sell a ****load of cans of red bull to pay for that. Apparently they do.

Paul A.
03-15-2015, 03:02 PM
HUGE F1 fan here. I'll admit to being somewhat cautious opening this thread just now cus i'm waiting for the 4:00 rebroadcast on NBCSN. Haven't seen any Australian results yet. Didn't want to risk a spoiler!

I'm also anxious to see what Seb does with Ferrari.

Coopers ST
03-15-2015, 10:35 PM
Another F1 and Seb fan. I am happy I can be a Ferrari fan again also. I just couldn't get behind Alonso

RegalOne
03-15-2015, 10:49 PM
I am a big IndyCar and F1 fan. Stayed up way to late last night and watched live.

melF1fan
03-15-2015, 10:59 PM
I'm a fan - hell look at my Forum name ;).

Tuned in late last 3 nights for the action in Melbourne. Looks like Merc is gonna run away with it again this year. Ferrari looks like it's having a resurgence. Mclaren Honda.. oh man. And looked like half the field fell off.

BTW, I like IndyCar also and do follow a bit of Nascar. Also outside of open wheel, I like watching i think it's called the TORQ series - with Trucks that go through a moto cross type dirt course - with Nascar type Motors they sound wicked. Better than the new F1.

Paul A.
03-15-2015, 11:10 PM
I agree mel, i'm not sure i really want to see Lewis and Niko on 20 podiums! I'm hoping Ferrari and McLaren step up to make it an interesting season.

And those 3 rookie kids ran well. Off to Kuala Lumpur next in 2 weeks!

Wurmmm
03-15-2015, 11:13 PM
I'm a fan. Just finished watching the Australian GP. I'm really hoping that Merc has some competition this year, and that maclaren Honda get get their act together. I've also been rooting for Ferrari now that they've got Vettell.

Besides F1, I also try to watch all the Continental Tire sports car races. That's about the closest to a car that they sell on the dealer lots, from what I understand, even though they are still highly modified.

melF1fan
03-16-2015, 12:05 AM
I was skeptical about all the new rookies but looks like they will fare quite well.

Carlos Sainz Jr. really impressed me in the Torro Rosso and Felipe Nasr in the Sauber. And Max Verstappen @ 17 years old? really?

I do think they need to go to 1000hp with wide tires and trickier cars to drive and clearly faster than they are now.

Rmd
03-16-2015, 12:31 AM
Couldnt agreed more on the need for some competition for Mercedes. The Hamilton vs Rosberg storyline is kind of played out for me.

BJackson8
03-20-2015, 11:50 AM
Big F1 fan, been excited about the start of the season for months.

My team is Lotus, so hopefully I won't have to hang my head in shame like last year!

Excited to see Honda back in F1, will be pulling for McLaren this season too.

actuator_mz3
03-20-2015, 01:13 PM
I've been a pretty big fan for the past few season as well. My two favorite drivers right now are Nico Hulkenberg and Valtteri Bottas.

It looks like Ferrari is much stronger, Red Bull is about the same and Merc will run away will it again this year.

Sauber was really surprising considering what they were dealing with off the track.

Oh man, McLaren Honda. I hope they can pull something together by mid season because they looked hopeless.

bulldog shine
03-21-2015, 06:54 AM
Dirt is for racing, asphalt is for getting there.

Kornercarver
03-21-2015, 07:11 AM
I've been a fan of Formula 1 since at least 1960. My first hero driver was Stirling Moss so you can see I'm getting ancient. I'm really looking forward to the 2015 championship. It's a real shame they are down to 19 races with the Grand Prix of Germany falling by the wayside.