PDA

View Full Version : Waterless or rinseless convertible care?

Texchappy
03-14-2015, 10:04 PM
I've been using ONR or opticlean for a bit but I'm about to do my spring clean on my 08 MINI cabrio. I have always used Raggtop cleaner and sealer on fabric tops in the past but that requires a full hose wash.

Is there a good way to do at least the clean part without the hose?

Texchappy
03-16-2015, 07:15 PM
Anybody?

Eandras
03-16-2015, 08:39 PM
my son has a convertible and I used the rinse less was once. I brushed the top to loosen dirt that was on the top. Then vaccumed the top to get as much on the debris off the top. I the began using the rinse less in s spray bottle and wet the top. Then I took some water in a spray bottle to lift the rinse less formulation off. Then took my shop vac and pulled all the water out of the top. Let it sit in sun and applied protectant to the top.

This method took a while and I did not like the result. Normally I would do the full hose was with APC after brushing and vaccuming. Let it dry in dun and apply protectant.

Ed

swanicyouth
03-16-2015, 08:47 PM
I clean my convertible BMW top all the time with rinseless. It works just fine. If the top is filthy, you will obviously need running water - but for normal dirt it works great.

I recommend a noodle mitt and just scrub it down with rinseless wash. If the top has protection on it, it will dry almost immediately.

I tend to save this for last if I'm not doing a GDWM, because you won't have to worry about marring fabric and that is when your solution will be dirtiest.

I don't use and don't like RaggTop; but I use 303 Fabric Protectant after a rinseless wash with no problems.

Texchappy
03-16-2015, 09:42 PM
Top is pretty dusty as it sat on a lot here in the south plains for a while before I bough it. Planning to give it a good vacuum before I proceed. Never tried 303 but I've got a bit of the Raggtop left.