PDA

View Full Version : Wheel coating preference

spewking
03-14-2015, 06:53 AM
I am comparing CQuartz UK to the other wheel coatings such as DP, PBL, etc. and want to know if you guys consider the UK superior to the other coatings. Also, do you prefer UK over DLUX for wheels?

I have used the DP and it appears to provide great finish, durability, and ease of cleaning. I have not used the UK. Several threads indicate a strong preference for UK due to its performance in these 3 areas, seeming to indicate it performs better.

What feedback to you have? I am planning to coat both new wheels I am buying as well as regular maintenance on existing wheels.

Thanks,
David

Evan.J
03-14-2015, 09:35 AM
I have tested CQUK, PBL wheel & surface, and DP wheel coating all on wheels.

I will say that CQUK is the most long lasting but PBL Wheel coating is very close behind. The ease of application can't be beat and adding a second coat won't hurt either.

I was very impressed with all of them so you really can't go wrong with any you want. I have done two coats of each and my result have been stellar.

You get much more versatility with the PBL Surface coating as you can do the paint, glass, and wheels. CQUK you can do paint and wheels and the others are wheels specific.

I know I may not have told you what to get you can't go wrong with any of them.

If it were me I would go with the CQUK or the PBL Surface Coating.

spewking
03-14-2015, 10:23 AM
I have tested CQUK, PBL wheel & surface, and DP wheel coating all on wheels.

I will say that CQUK is the most long lasting but PBL Wheel coating is very close behind. The ease of application can't be beat and adding a second coat won't hurt either.

I was very impressed with all of them so you really can't go wrong with any you want. I have done two coats of each and my result have been stellar.

You get much more versatility with the PBL Surface coating as you can do the paint, glass, and wheels. CQUK you can do paint and wheels and the others are wheels specific.

I know I may not have told you what to get you can't go wrong with any of them.

If it were me I would go with the CQUK or the PBL Surface Coating.

Quite helpful...just the experienced opinion I needed.
Good point on the PBL versatility.
So you prefer the PBL surface coating for wheels vs. the PBL wheel coating product? Or are they the same thing?
Thanks again.

Evan.J
03-14-2015, 10:47 AM
Quite helpful...just the experienced opinion I needed.
Good point on the PBL versatility.
So you prefer the PBL surface coating for wheels vs. the PBL wheel coating product? Or are they the same thing?
Thanks again.

They are similar but the wheel coating can withstand higher heats than the surface coating but I haven't noticed much difference