PDA

View Full Version : Carpro Hydro 2 Lite!?

Pages : [1] 2

AnthonyGXP
03-14-2015, 02:20 AM
Just viewed a new video on YouTube from Carpro regarding their new Hydro 2 Lite ready to use spray sealant. Apparently it can be used on wet or dry surface. Anyone know if this is different from Hydro 2 besides diluted in ready to use form?

Mask
03-14-2015, 02:41 AM
Look closely at 3:20 , the dry on right side sheet water better then the left.
:D

Avi@CarPro
03-14-2015, 09:58 AM
Its our new product, coming soon to Autogeek as well,
RTU formula of Hydro2 which as you said can be used on wet or dry surface, "spray on-rinse off" or "spray on-wipe off".
the left side which sheet slower is because the panel we show here was soaked with water sheet standing,diluted even further the spray sealant, in such cases need to spray more Hydro2 Lite
to cling better. normally after car wash the surface has much less water standing so it will perform better,
Hydro2 Lite was test for up to 3 months sealing effect on car paint.
Coming soon to AG store as well.

AnthonyGXP
03-15-2015, 12:35 AM
Look closely at 3:20 , the dry on right side sheet water better then the left.
:D

Yeah I noticed! Amazing difference dry!

AnthonyGXP
03-15-2015, 12:37 AM
Its our new product, coming soon to Autogeek as well,
RTU formula of Hydro2 which as you said can be used on wet or dry surface, "spray on-rinse off" or "spray on-wipe off".
the left side which sheet slower is because the panel we show here was soaked with water sheet standing,diluted even further the spray sealant, in such cases need to spray more Hydro2 Lite
to cling better. normally after car wash the surface has much less water standing so it will perform better,
Hydro2 Lite was test for up to 3 months sealing effect on car paint.
Coming soon to AG store as well.

Thanks! Can't wait to get my hands on some!

evo77
03-15-2015, 09:11 AM
When exactly will it be available to AG for purchase?

silverfox
03-15-2015, 09:27 AM
I don't get the hype on this product. I get the original product which I called the 2014 product of the year. Spray on, rinse off is indeed revolutionary. Wipe on, wipe off isn't (reload and a million other sealants), and in fact there are wipe on, walk away coatings on the market now that last years. The idea of one product that can be used on wet or dry surfaces perhaps is worthy of some interest, but....

Avi@CarPro
03-16-2015, 01:45 PM
I don't get the hype on this product. I get the original product which I called the 2014 product of the year. Spray on, rinse off is indeed revolutionary. Wipe on, wipe off isn't (reload and a million other sealants), and in fact there are wipe on, walk away coatings on the market now that last years. The idea of one product that can be used on wet or dry surfaces perhaps is worthy of some interest, but....

We give the customers the option to choose!,
on wet car : spray on - rinse off ,
OR on dry surface : spray on -wipe off , SAME PRODUCT!!
we try to bring new ideas that save money for customers, not make products with individual target use.
versatile and flexibility. :xyxthumbs:

rwright
03-16-2015, 02:06 PM

Should one assume that it was created for folks who don't understand how to dilute at 1:3? The only other advantage that I can see is the ability to apply indoors when a water hose is not an option indoors. However, that would lead us to ReLoad or all the other wipe on sealants. Apparently there was a need for Hydr02 Lite.

Dr_Pain
03-16-2015, 02:23 PM
From my understanding, Hydro2 Lite is a consumer geared product which is meant to be a "ready, set, go!" product rather than trying to figure dilution ratios etc.. Hydro2 (concentrate) can be used wet (most favored), dry (in the right dilution) and as a QD (again in the right dilution). I've watched the video of Hydro2 Lite a couple of times and surmise that the beading difference between the wet and dry application comes from the fact that taking a diluted Hydro2 Lite and diluting it even further by applying it on a wet surface would diminish the hydrophobic qualities.

Personally I am already set up for all dilutions and LOVE Hydro2, so this product won't replace anything in my arsenal..... and if I want a QD, I will just use a dilution of Reload (which has served me well in the past)

rwright
03-16-2015, 03:02 PM
From my understanding, Hydro2 Lite is a consumer geared product which is meant to be a "ready, set, go!" product rather than trying to figure dilution ratios etc.. Hydro2 (concentrate) can be used wet (most favored), dry (in the right dilution) and as a QD (again in the right dilution). I've watched the video of Hydro2 Lite a couple of times and surmise that the beading difference between the wet and dry application comes from the fact that taking a diluted Hydro2 Lite and diluting it even further by applying it on a wet surface would diminish the hydrophobic qualities.

Personally I am already set up for all dilutions and LOVE Hydro2, so this product won't replace anything in my arsenal..... and if I want a QD, I will just use a dilution of Reload (which has served me well in the past)

What dilution ratios are you using Hydr02 concentrate on dry paint and as a QD? I am intrigued.

Dr_Pain
03-16-2015, 03:10 PM
What dilution ratios are you using Hydr02 concentrate on dry paint and as a QD? I am intrigued.

1:3 is the ratio was a wet sealant application
1:5 is what I tried before and was "ok" as a wipe on/wipe off (at that point I would rather go with Reload which is a better product in my opinion)
1:10 is what I heard was the QD ratio (which I have never used personally)

ronkh57
03-16-2015, 03:16 PM
1:5 is what I tried before and was "ok" as a wipe on/wipe off (at that point I would rather go with Reload which is a better product in my opinion)
1:10 is what I heard was the QD ratio (which I have never used personally)

Would that be easier and less possibility of problems (especially on black) than reload

Kind of intrigued as a qd or drying aid

Dr_Pain
03-16-2015, 04:02 PM
Would that be easier and less possibility of problems (especially on black) than reload

Kind of intrigued as a qd or drying aid

I personally have never had a problem with Reload (even on black). I posted a review (doing everything wrong) and was able to fix all the complaints that people were having. BTW 2015 Reload has been fixed with no more issues of the silicone carriers. If you want a fool proof, easy breeze application, it does not get any easier than 1:3 Hydro2 concentrate (which seals paint, plastic, glass all in one.

ronkh57
03-16-2015, 04:56 PM
I personally have never had a problem with Reload (even on black). I posted a review (doing everything wrong) and was able to fix all the complaints that people were having. BTW 2015 Reload has been fixed with no more issues of the silicone carriers. If you want a fool proof, easy breeze application, it does not get any easier than 1:3 Hydro2 concentrate (which seals paint, plastic, glass all in one.

I've been using the hydro. I read your review on the reload. But had issues that were compounded by doing what people said would remedy it. Hydro is tons easier. But Looks of reload are hard to beat when it works. What problems did the silocin carrier do? The oily film?