PDA

View Full Version : So it begins!

Pages : [1] 2

Reddwarf
06-16-2006, 08:38 PM
I received my PC with the Poorboy's package. In addition, I got the PB wheel cleaner, the PB Natural Look spray, and Pinnacle clay

Dallas has been under a drought with water restrictions and what happens this weekend? Yep, thunderstorms predicted. Can't complain, we need the rain. The upside to this is that it is relatively cool for Dallas in June this evening. So, I got outside after dinner and washed the Jag. I had planned to clay it, but I started too late so I only washed it. Hopefully, I will be able to clay it tomorrow and start the PC on it!

I used the PB wheel cleaner and it is great! IMO, better than the Meg's wheel cleaner I had been using. The PB stuff does smell a bit strong but it cleaned the wheel wells better and easier than i have ever been able to!

abrcrombe
06-16-2006, 09:10 PM
Sounds good! Good luck PCing tomorrow.

kellyinkc
06-16-2006, 09:11 PM
I'll be doing the same! Rain is forcast. We need the rain though, about 6 inches behind.

ScottB
06-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Theres nothing like washing/waxing a car in the eye of a hurricane, us boys in Florida find working between raindrops the normal this time of year.

You seriously got one great collection of products !!!

Mike T
06-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Yes you do. This is the time of year us Florida boys/gals show our true colors in keeping our cars clean in the face of everyday rain :awesome:
Good luck with your PC'ing. I hope you get some rain.

dengood1
06-16-2006, 10:15 PM
Sometimes we Floridians call the rain "our daily car wash"! Gets the dust off:-) Yes, it's hard to keep a car clean in Florida. It NEVER fails.....if you want it to rain, wash the car that day:mad:

joe.p
06-16-2006, 10:30 PM
Theres nothing like washing/waxing a car in the eye of a hurricane, us boys in Florida find working between raindrops the normal this time of year.

Souds like fun. Here in chicago its between snow flakes and 27 degree temps ;)

ScottB
06-17-2006, 08:03 AM
Sometimes we Floridians call the rain "our daily car wash"! Gets the dust off:-) Yes, it's hard to keep a car clean in Florida. It NEVER fails.....if you want it to rain, wash the car that day:mad:

Only prob is the 90degree+ temps and burning that rain into the finish before it can be washed and detailed again. ;)

Reddwarf
06-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Done for the day. I washed last night so today I used the Pinnacle Clay and it is awesome. I cut it in half as someone suggested. It seems to be easier than the Clay Magic I used before. Then the PB S+W. Then I cranked up the PC!

It took me all day and I am beat! I'm about to leave for dinner so I'll fill in the details of the PC tomorrow. However, I must say, that I'm not all that pleased with the look, especially considering the cost and the hard hot labor. I'm so tired I might be too tired to get my Father's Day present from the wife :-(

The car looks good, but...

more anon.

justin_murphy
06-17-2006, 06:03 PM
Better have some pics.....

Not of the "nasty" you're getting tonight!

EWWWW!

bluzman
06-17-2006, 07:23 PM

I feel you there!! Sometimes I think washing my truck is some kind of Indian rain dance!!!!!!

abrcrombe
06-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Better have some pics.....

Not of the "nasty" you're getting tonight!

EWWWW!

LOL:eek:

btw, how come there are only 18 smilies? How can we get more?

Reddwarf
06-18-2006, 11:07 AM
I started off Saturday with the Pinnacle Ultra clay. As stated before, I really like that clay, despite its high cost and small size! Then I followed up with the PB S+W.

I unwrapped the PC and got going with the new toy. I started off with the orange pad and PB SSR 2.5 then moved to the white pad and PB SR1. I applied Natty’s Blue by hand and buffed it with the grey/black finishing pad and an MF towel. I finished with the PB Spray & Gloss. Was that the right way to apply the wax? Is a second coat of wax advisable?

I think I need more experience with the PC and products as I had some problems and did not achieve the results I had hoped for. I still have some scratches in places that I was unable to remove. I found it difficult to know how much product to put on the pad, speed and when it was broken down. It seemed to me that it started off easier but as the pad became more used, it was hard to know if there was too much or not enough product. I had some slinging a couple of times and some dry bits flying all over. This made the job way harder! All those little dried bits got everywhere!

On my first attempt I have to say the car looks good, but not as good as it should be compared to the expense and hard day long effort! I was not able to remove all the scratches I wanted and I found that many of the scratches I have are too deep for this process. It also seemed to bring out the fact that the front of the car has tons of rock chips! I have got to find a body shop that can help me with this.

What I need to do is get some hands-on lessons from one of you experts. I’d prefer Miss Flip Flop long fingers, but there are plenty of you that I could learn from!

I'll take some pictures and upload them later today.

Reddwarf
06-18-2006, 04:34 PM
The pictures in the shade look good. I have some shine and reflection. But notice the picture of the hood. Still sctratches and the finish is dull.

Clearly I did not do the quality job so many of you on this forum do. :(

wytstang
06-18-2006, 05:14 PM
I love the color on that jag hopefully this can help you out http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/ssr.html and here are some vids on how to use it as well http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/video/ don't worry I coun't even remove any sracthes from mine :(. I need more practice so I know how you feel. Chances are you were moving the pc to fast from what I have gathered you're supposed to move at a snails pace. Good lcuk