PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

tylel
03-12-2015, 07:59 PM
This will be my 5th year in detailing. 2 years at a body shop and for the 2 years I've been doing a few here and there. However, this year I want to pick up my game. As of advertising I've advertised a lot on Facebook without much result. I've pinned up business cards at places where my target customer base will be such as golf courses. But no results. What is the best form of advertising that you have come across?

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
03-12-2015, 08:11 PM
Do you have a website? Are you listed on Yellowpages.com? Google Business? Yahoo Business? Bing Business? Have you tried craigslist?

What's been your strategy on Facebook? I've found before and after pictures get the average person interested in having work done than posting nice cars or exotics.

Example:

http://www.incrediblydetailed.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/IMG_5626.jpg

http://www.incrediblydetailed.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/IMG_5643.jpg

I didn't know the power of the before and after picture until I executed it correctly. Plus, it also shows you know what you're doing and why you charge the price you charge.

tylel
03-12-2015, 08:21 PM
I do have a website as well as current craigslist ad and I just posted before and after pictures on fb today. I've mainly been trying to catch people's attention with eye catching sayings along with a phone number and web address.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
03-12-2015, 08:35 PM
I do have a website as well as current craigslist ad and I just posted before and after pictures on fb today. I've mainly been trying to catch people's attention with eye catching sayings along with a phone number and web address.

I would post your website in the "How to make money detailing cars" sub-forum and ask for opinions.

I wish I could tell you a simple answer but I think it's going to be changing around and tinkering with what you already have in place so it works for you and your market.

Ebg18t
03-12-2015, 09:05 PM
My best business always came from referrals. How many consistent/return customers do you have?

tylel
03-12-2015, 09:55 PM
I had quite a few at the body shop but I haven't since I've started my own. I haven't really established a customer base yet

beenen
03-12-2015, 10:43 PM
maybe contact local car shows and sponsor a giveaway of detail spray or microfiber towels or whatever

thebamboo23
03-13-2015, 11:06 PM
it's very simple:

1) Google AdWords
2) Facebook ads
3) Local search engine optimization
4) Referrals
5) Forums

On a local scale, those will be the primary customer acquisition channels.

The reason you have bad results with Facebook is because you haven't gone through the proper training.

There are a TOOOOONNN of blogs and courses out there that cover Facebook ads. Specifically the Power Editor (anything else will give you crap results).

Google AdWords is also a beast for customer acquisition.

But it does take a while to learn everything yourself- especially if you're brand spankin new to digital marketing.

Local competition in the digital marketing space is VERY low. Most people have no idea how to do things properly which is a huge advantage for people who take the time to learn.

For example, I live in Houston and we're going to start running our AdWords campaign tomorrow.

I know for a fact, without using any competitor keyword analysis tools that within a few weeks or months, my AdWords campaigns will be much more successful that many others who have been running them for over 6 months.

My cost will be lower than everyone else, I'll get more clicks and higher conversions.

And again, I'm no marketing guru, but the level local competition is at, you don't have to be to get great results.

I know a lot of people will say, "well I don't want to pay for anything" or "I don't want to waste my money"... and I understand.

But who wouldn't want to put $5 into a machine and get $10 in return each and every single time.

Pureshine
03-14-2015, 12:16 AM
The only things I do is website, Facebook and word of mouth. The other big thing is time and building a reputation which also takes time. It can takes years to get busy year round and good reviews help a lot. One of the biggest things you need to decide what kind of detailing you want todo.

Ebg18t
03-14-2015, 07:54 AM

as mentioned earlier you need to determine your target market and your specialty.

IMHO craigslist is not an advertising media for a high end detailer. Around me the folks on Craigslist are the $10 car wash & $20 wax guys.

List for us exactly what your target & speciality is. Then give us links to your current advertising. You will be opening yourself to criticism. But I think most folks here will be honest and help you with ideas. Unless we really know what your doing, it's hard to help you move forward.