PDA

View Full Version : Redline tire cleaning

shifterkart26
03-12-2015, 09:14 AM
Has anyone used Mr. Clean Magic Erasers to bring redline tire color back to a bright red appearance? Any other suggestions?

Klasse Act
03-12-2015, 10:50 AM
Have you considered Bleache-White? Although now owned by Black Magic I still use it to clean my black wall tires w/ great success. You might find threads here stating there's no dirt in the foam when used and all I can say to that is this, not in my useage.

conman1395
03-12-2015, 02:34 PM
Has anyone used Mr. Clean Magic Erasers to bring redline tire color back to a bright red appearance? Any other suggestions?
Have you tried a tire cleaner with a tire brush? A Magic Eraser isn't going to clean as much as I think it would abrade. Try LA's Totally Awesome (yellow) from the dollar store, Bleche-White, or Mother's Tire Renew. Tuff-Shine is still the best I've used, but I don't like spending that much money on a tire cleaner. The Tuff-Shine tire brush is great and not dissimilar from a few other brushes I've used.

Belair
03-12-2015, 08:44 PM
Are you talking about those redline tires that were popular in the '60's? I had those on my 'new' '67, and they cleaned up nicely with a brillo pad.

shifterkart26
03-12-2015, 09:55 PM
Great suggestions everyone. Thank you!