PDA

View Full Version : How do you apply Duragloss Enviroshield

conman1395
03-11-2015, 11:02 PM
I can't believe I haven't seen it anywhere, but how do you apply this coating? I've never applied a coating before so I don't have any clue what to do.

Thanks

Connor

Setec Astronomy
03-12-2015, 06:26 AM
Um...aren't there instructions on the bottle? Have you used a WOWA sealant? You'll want to correct as necessary, then use the Squeaky Clean to prep the surface (presuming you got the kit). You can use the SQ by hand or machine.

Then you apply the coating, put the sprayer in the bottle, and spray the applicator or the surface, and wipe it in to a thin coat. It will have kind of a rainbow (oil on water) look, give it maybe 15 seconds to flash and disappear. If it doesn't disappear, then you have a "high spot" which you should wipe down with a towel, right then.

Do a section at a time. I found this coating to flash surprisingly fast and the high spots surprisingly difficult to remove if you let them sit too long (at least in comparison to something like OC 2.0). What I mean is it seems to have a shorter working window than OC 2.0.

cardaddy
03-12-2015, 12:16 PM
Connor if you bought the kit, the instructions are there. ;)

Personally... I don't install ANY coating with a foam applicator, not the round one (far too rough for me) and certainly not the big yellow one from Autogeek/Lake Country (will absorb a LOT of product).

Instead, use the tried and proven CarPro applicator with the suede cloth. Makes for a much smoother, much easier, much more even coating application. :dblthumb2:

conman1395
03-12-2015, 12:27 PM
Connor if you bought the kit, the instructions are there. ;)

Personally... I don't install ANY coating with a foam applicator, not the round one (far too rough for me) and certainly not the big yellow one from Autogeek/Lake Country (will absorb a LOT of product).

Instead, use the tried and proven CarPro applicator with the suede cloth. Makes for a much smoother, much easier, much more even coating application. :dblthumb2:
I did buy the kit, but have only opened the box once. Didn't really look through it though but I willl now.

conman1395
03-12-2015, 02:10 PM
Just looked through the box and only saw the brief instructions on the bottle. So do apply in a cross hatch pattern or straight lines? Do I overlap each line 50%?

FUNX650
03-12-2015, 06:15 PM
Just looked through the box and only saw the brief instructions on the bottle. So do apply in a cross hatch pattern or straight lines? Do I overlap each line 50%?
•After you have "prepped the paint"...
-Washed/dried; clayed; polished to your satisfaction;
and "Squeaky Cleaned"...

Then:

1.) Spray just enough of the Enviroshield Coating to cover the entire face of the applicator pad (or a CarPro applicator with the suede cloth, per: cardaddy).

2.) Make sure the panels' surfaces are "cool" to the touch---between 50-80 degrees F---Do Not ever apply in Direct Sunlight!...

3.) Then apply a thin even coat of Enviroshield onto 2x2 foot sections at a time, with circular and back and forth motions until product disappears.

4.) After Enviroshield has dried...
you can buff with a soft polishing MF-cloth.

5.) A second coat of Enviroshield can be applied if desired.

Note:
If any streaking should occur, they can be removed by gently wiping with a MF-towel and your QD of choice (Duragloss suggests their #921 Fast Clean and Shine).

Use another plush MF-towel to buff dry.

Hope this helps in some small way.

Bob

silverfox
03-12-2015, 06:26 PM
Applied last march...still going strong after worse winter in my lifetime. Daily driver.

conman1395
03-12-2015, 07:32 PM
•After you have "prepped the paint"...
-Washed/dried; clayed; polished to your satisfaction;
and "Squeaky Cleaned"...

Then:

1.) Spray just enough of the Enviroshield Coating to cover the entire face of the applicator pad (or a CarPro applicator with the suede cloth, per: cardaddy).

2.) Make sure the panels' surfaces are "cool" to the touch---between 50-80 degrees F---Do Not ever apply in Direct Sunlight!...

3.) Then apply a thin even coat of Enviroshield onto 2x2 foot sections at a time, with circular and back and forth motions until product disappears.

4.) After Enviroshield has dried...
you can buff with a soft polishing MF-cloth.

5.) A second coat of Enviroshield can be applied if desired.

Note:
If any streaking should occur, they can be removed by gently wiping with a MF-towel and your QD of choice (Duragloss suggests their #921 Fast Clean and Shine).

Use another plush MF-towel to buff dry.

Hope this helps in some small way.

Bob

Thanks Bob!

Jowillie
10-12-2016, 05:47 PM
Now that many of you have used the Duragloss Enviroshield coating, have you learned any tips or have any experiences to enhance the process?
I have decided to coat my wife's DailyDriver instead of doing a lengthy clay/polish/clean/seal/LSP.
Any advice from your experience is greatly appreciated.