PDA

View Full Version : Rack for inside door?

Pages : [1] 2

Jeff Wagner
03-11-2015, 11:01 PM
Can someone help me find out where to get the rack for inside a trailer door that holds products?

Supergus1
03-12-2015, 11:23 AM
Something like this?
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pit-320/overview/
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-939305/overview/
You might also do a youtube search where you you could get some ideas to custom build one for your particular needs. Good luck!

Jeff Wagner
03-12-2015, 11:30 PM
Close thanks this is something not easy to find. Hope i am not crossing any lines asking for something Autogeek does not sell.

Supergus1
03-13-2015, 10:05 AM
Close thanks this is something not easy to find. Hope i am not crossing any lines asking for something Autogeek does not sell.
Yeah,I did a google search and found next to nothing. Lots of mobile set up packages but no accessories. Good luck!

Paul A.
03-13-2015, 10:14 AM
I won't speak for AutoGeek but i don't see any harm in that type of question as i don't think AG sells anything comparable in that particular market. I love seeing these questions because many have found a ton of great accessories to outfit trailers, mobile vans/rigs etc.

I think AG frowns on pushing something that directly competes with what they offer.

Nick McKees37
03-13-2015, 10:29 AM
I won't speak for AutoGeek but i don't see any harm in that type of question as i don't think AG sells anything comparable in that particular market. I love seeing these questions because many have found a ton of great accessories to outfit trailers, mobile vans/rigs etc.

I think AG frowns on pushing something that directly competes with what they offer.

:whs:

Paul A.
03-13-2015, 10:41 AM
Thanks Nick! Didn't want to step out of bounds but wanted to offer my understanding. And i also appreciate another member being cognizant of and asking about the rules.

Now, anyone else have any racks to mention they've found? I too am looking.

Jeff Wagner
03-14-2015, 11:11 AM
Thanks guys so far i have only found those wire baskets you can hang at home depot. Maybe work but not very impressive like the billet aluminum inside the door with metal storage bins. Thats the bling im looking for :-)

gulfside
03-15-2015, 08:50 PM
I used white 4x4 pvc fence post covers with caps on ends to make it look finished. Then I drilled holes the size I needed for different bottles and cans with hole saws. It looks really clean and will never rust look bad. I get a lot of compliments on it and it's very inexpensive.

MPBGT
03-15-2015, 09:19 PM
I used white 4x4 pvc fence post covers with caps on ends to make it look finished. Then I drilled holes the size I needed for different bottles and cans with hole saws. It looks really clean and will never rust look bad. I get a lot of compliments on it and it's very inexpensive.

That's an awesome idea. That would be great for rattle cans in the garage

Jeff Wagner
03-15-2015, 11:24 PM
http://www.artistryautodetailing.com/pictures.html

I like the idea :xyxthumbs: and you just helped me decide on a do it yourself plan instead of buying something. I have a little custom work done already to hold some products now. It was a wooden coffee table before. I dont know if my pic will show up but giving it a shot. The pic is on my website on the pics page at the bottom if it doesnt show in this post.

Artistry Auto Detailing (http://www.artistryautodetailing.com/artistry-auto-detailing.html)

gulfside
03-17-2015, 08:15 AM
Here are some pics of what I did. I'm not finished yet but it'll give you an idea of what it looks like. The other good thing about the PVC is that you can use it for so many different things. I even cut out holes for non circle bottles like the 303.

gulfside
03-17-2015, 08:19 AM
Hey Jeff, just noticed your up in Tampa area. I used to live in Palm Harbor/Tarpon Springs. I'm now down in beautiful Naples. Are you going to Detail Fest?

Jeff Wagner
03-23-2015, 08:38 PM
Hey Jeff, just noticed your up in Tampa area. I used to live in Palm Harbor/Tarpon Springs. I'm now down in beautiful Naples. Are you going to Detail Fest?

Gulfside was that you that saw my shirt and said hey did you post in the forums about a rack. Wow i can believe we ran into each other at the show. That was pretty cool :-)

gulfside
03-24-2015, 06:11 AM
That was me, lol. It was nice to meet you and since we're not too far from each other we should meet up some time. That was my first detail fest and I will definitely be back every year. Unfortunately I drove home afterwards and wasn't able to go back Sunday but next year I'm staying for sure. I'll be back in a couple weeks anyways for the boat detailing class.