PDA

View Full Version : Ozone Machines

Pages : 1 [2]

SameGuy
03-14-2015, 12:16 PM
Yeah, it's just more of a risk on most German cars, you have to be sure no one turns the key while the seats are out. Not sure about Asian brands, but I know on Mercedes, AMG and smart if you disconnect seat airbags and turn the key (say for example, to run the fan to recirculate while an ozone machine is in it), it'll need to be reset with a Star diagnostic machine (I have one).

MattPersman
03-15-2015, 10:50 AM
Oh I see what you mean by taking the seats out and then running the HVAC on recirc. I haven't done that before just run the machine with interior intact.

MattPersman
03-15-2015, 10:56 AM
This looks like a fantastic deal. How do you like it? I'd mainly only be using it on cars.

I like it just fine I am no expert in choosing a machine, like stated I primarily bought it to try to remove cat pee smell from a home my parents bought after doing research on getting rid of that smell ozone machines came up frequently and I guess hotels use them for stuff, etc. it is compact enough to use in a vehicle and has been effective in a home as well.

Yes the plates are said to be needed to be replaced after 5000 hours. The max time on the dial is 2 hours so that would be a lot of uses before new plates are needed at that point may just want to get a new machine. Claims to have a 3 year warranty as well

The machines look very similar in this range just with different brands or colored metal boxes, etc. I went for the unit due to price, and reviews. It has been good so far. :xyxthumbs:

SameGuy
03-15-2015, 11:43 AM
Oh I see what you mean by taking the seats out and then running the HVAC on recirc. I haven't done that before just run the machine with interior intact.
Hehe after I reread what I'd written I knew I wasn't making sense. The seats might come out for the cleaning steps (steam, extraction, whatever) and are back in for any ozonation step with the car running. I'm running on very little sleep these days LOL.

tuscarora dave
03-15-2015, 01:02 PM
Here is a link to some good information relating to corona discharge (the ones with the plates) ozone generators, versus ozone generators that use ultra violet lights to generate the ozone. Pay particular attention to the parts about moisture in the air passing through the CD units.

I have a UV type ozone generator that works very well for organic odor removal. Doesn't work all that well for smoke odor removal though.

Mine is from this source. Corona Discharge vs. UV Ozone Generation - UV ozone generators and Corona Discharge ozone UV (http://www.ozoneapplications.com/info/cd_vs_uv.htm)

Natron
03-15-2015, 10:10 PM
I use one fairly regular. I think they are worthwhile if you are doing enough cars. The ozone is hazardous, so my policy is as follows. After the veh is dry, pull all of the seatbelts out to opposing buckles. Position floor mats on raised headrests. Open rear seats a little to expose trunk area if applicable. Place machine on level area if possible. Run chord throu drivers window and put window back up to touching. Set timer, close door and plug in to extension chord. A small vehicle with moderate odor can be done in aprox 1 hour. Heavy odor, 2 hours. Large vehicle, 2-5 hours. When finished, unplug, open doors and let air out. Come back in a few minutes and remove machine and place mats, reposition seatbelts etc. Note that the veh must clean or it is all a waste. You must remove the source. And sometimes allowing the vehicle to run with hvac on medium in recirc mode will be needed.