PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new sealant... WGDGPS plus the Spritz??

MrOneEyedBoh
03-11-2015, 09:49 AM
So spring is here and I'm looking to try something new.

From reading around I think I want to try out Wolfgang this time.

Isn't worth the cost to use the spritz sealant overtop when I dry my car ( use it as a drying aid ) or just use my Aquawax I have here or the Sonax Brilliant shine detailer ( very impressed on this stuff )

So is it worth it to get the combo?

How is WGDGPS on dark cars?

Longevity?

Thanks all.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
03-11-2015, 10:00 AM
Wolfgang is a great lineup of products.

WGDGPS looks great on any color and especially nice on dark paint. Remember proper surface polishing is key to gloss.

If you are washing the vehicle and need a drying aid, instant detail spritz will be better suited in this regard. Also periodic booster applications of the spritz sealant will lengthen your base coat of WGDGPS.

In this scenario, 6 months durability should not be a problem

Bunky
03-11-2015, 10:20 AM
I agree with Mike if you want just an every wash drying aid. The Spritz Sealant would be something to use every 4 weeks or so to extend the durability and looks in a more substantial manner.

If you have a fresh coat of WGDPS you should be able to sheet almost all the water off and not use a specific drying aid on every wash. I gave up on using aids while drying since I do not want anything contaminating my waffle weave towels.

FUNX650
03-11-2015, 10:30 AM
1.)

•SONAX NanoTechnology Liquid Wax as your LSP.

Sonax Brilliant shine detailer ( very impressed on this stuff )

-Use the above Shine Detailer, as the "maintenance product".

2.)

•WDGPS as your LSP.
-For "maintenance product":
a. Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz; or:
b. Pinnacle Crystal Mist Detail Spray

Bob

MrOneEyedBoh
03-11-2015, 10:59 AM
Thanks fellas

MrOneEyedBoh
03-11-2015, 12:49 PM
Also what I was wondering is, should I ALSO use the spritz or can I use whatever I'd like?

Mask
03-11-2015, 03:00 PM
Sonax BSD is nice. It also make some of my meguiars supreme shine microfiber repel water Lol.

conquistador
03-11-2015, 03:26 PM
Also what I was wondering is, should I ALSO use the spritz or can I use whatever I'd like?

You can use what ever you like. Don't get caught up in the "synergy" marketing idea.

tpr1634
03-11-2015, 03:41 PM
I really like the detail spritz only problem is the high price, my question is what is the minimum time for the sealant cure time.

spiralout462
03-11-2015, 04:26 PM
The other day I finally had an opportunity to spend some time with my truck. Due to the incredibly terrible weather in my area the past couple months the vehicles paint was in dire need of protection. After a thorough wash I polished the BLACK(non-metallic) truck with Wolfgang Finishing Glaze. WFG has always corrected normal wash and wipe induced marring with ease on this paint. Paired with a Hydrotech Tangerine pad WFG did what I expected and totally restored, and brought tremendous gloss to the panels I worked on. After I finished polishing it was decision time. I have a wide variety of high quality LSP's to choose from but it didn't take long for me to settle on Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. WDGPS has got to be my favorite sealant! It is so easy to apply thin and remove it is enjoyable to me. I find myself smiling when wiping off the product. Of course I was treated to a finish that seemed like you could jump into! Nothing but a pool of black ink. I have the Spritz Sealant as well, and will probably use it but I will most likely use Aquawax or D156 more.

In short, WDGPS will always have a place in my LSP box. It is also protecting a new refrigerator in my kitchen. :) My wife loves the slickness but she has to get creative with her magnet placing since they like to slip off now.

MrOneEyedBoh
03-11-2015, 06:14 PM
Thanks.. Lol