PDA

View Full Version : Water spots...Help!

stealth
08-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Hey all, thanks in advance for your input. I have recently completed full detail on my 06 mazda3. I used xmt 360 with lc ccs orange on speed 6 on all of the car. Then over 2 days applied two coats of wgdgps. Then rain comes today...I was not able to deal with it quickly and now have water spots all over my hood(repainted) and roof. Would xmt 360 with lc ccs orange on pc take it out? And if so, would that remove all of my coats of wgdgps? Thanks for your help.

Gary Sword
08-26-2007, 08:59 PM
If you polish your car again it will take off the sealant. If it just happen today they should not be etched in especially if you just put on 2 coats of DGPS. I would think they should wash off at this point.

budman3
08-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Since the spots are failry recent, you may want to try a QD or Poorboy's Spray and Wipe to see if the spots are just sitting ontop of the paint. If they are still fresh they may just wipe right off... if not, a light polish like the 360 would take care of them but then you will be stripping the WGDGPS...

stealth
08-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks for your input. I washed it today when I got home, but the water spots are here to stay. Ill use 360 on lc ccs orange, after the spots are gone...ill put the two coats of dgps on again. I can just apply to hood and roof without a problem, right?