PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars D151

kdubski
03-10-2015, 04:24 PM
What is the variability of this product on different colors? Does it Perform as well on black as say on a beige metallic?

I have a new client with a black audi a4 interested in a service but he is not willing to pay for what the car deserves. My base package involves D151 as a 1-step and to be honest I have only done lighter metallic's so far.

Would D151 work well on a moderately swirled black 2004 Audi A4 with the goal of removing some swirls? If so, what combinations have worked for some of you in the past? Not to mention, the car is only being prepared to be sold a few days after. In addition to this, I am looking past the stinginess of the customer because he is heavily involved in the car scene and will be a great door opener.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
03-10-2015, 05:17 PM
Test spot. Test spot. Test spot. My pad usage with D151 varies based on multiple variables such as soft/hardness of the clear & condition of paint.

SameGuy
03-10-2015, 05:28 PM
It worked really well on our dark green metallic 2002 Accord with LC Hybrids on the Flex (orange on horizontal panels, white on vertical). I'd put it at about 75% swirl and defect removal. I did do some spot correction with a Meg's Extra Cut disc on the PC using M105, to have a go at some deeper scratches and transfer.

DasBurninator
03-10-2015, 05:35 PM
Take a look at this post on meg's forum:
D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?54736-D151-Paint-Reconditioning-Cream&p=503852&viewfull=1#post503852)

dad07
03-10-2015, 05:44 PM
What is the variability of this product on different colors? Does it Perform as well on black as say on a beige metallic?

I have a new client with a black audi a4 interested in a service but he is not willing to pay for what the car deserves. My base package involves D151 as a 1-step and to be honest I have only done lighter metallic's so far.

Would D151 work well on a moderately swirled black 2004 Audi A4 with the goal of removing some swirls? If so, what combinations have worked for some of you in the past? Not to mention, the car is only being prepared to be sold a few days after. In addition to this, I am looking past the stinginess of the customer because he is heavily involved in the car scene and will be a great door opener.

151 can get it done.....if the customer is only willing to pay for a one step that's what you need to give him.......it's not going to be perfect but it will improve the overall appearance.

I'll reiterate Slickred........test spot, test spot, test spot.

SameGuy
03-10-2015, 08:22 PM
I agree. The test spot is what confirmed it for me. Note that I did panel wipe after and apply a different sealant, but when my combination proved to work on that test spot I didn't bother with any further tests,

POPPAJ
03-11-2015, 07:50 AM
Had good results with D151 using a green B&S pad on a black 2013 Lincoln MKT. Surprisingly good results really. I'd say it's just what you need for the cheap customer!

hernandez.art13
03-12-2015, 01:04 PM
Same her, I've done multiple black cars with a D151, green B&S pad on my Rupes. Came out great.

Charleston
03-12-2015, 01:42 PM
Pick the proper pad and perfect the technique and it will come out great

parttimer
03-12-2015, 01:45 PM
I have used D151 with a white hybrid pad on dark cars with great results. I found anything with more cut left haze.