PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready to do first detail

clampitt
03-10-2015, 12:36 PM
My wife and I just recently purchased a 2015 Honda Pilot Touring in Obsidian Blue Pearl. This is our first new car and we want to protect it to the best of our abilities. I've always been big into cars and have a little bit of experience with proper car washing techniques. I'm somewhat familiar with terminology in reference to paint correction steps. Anyways, my friend who is a detailer is going to help me with a new car prep. Below are some of the items I've purchased.

1. DODO Supernatural Wookie Mitt
2. Chemical Guys Acc101 detail bucket with grit guard
3. Chemic guys citrus wash and gloss concentrated car wash
4. Meguiars D10101 All purpose cleaner for interior
5. Optimum Opti-Bond tire gel
6. Menzerna Power Lock sealant
7. Menzerna Color Lock Carnuba Wax
8. Cobra Guzzle HD Waffle drying towel

My only question at this point is this.....Is there a recommended glaze that could be used before the Menzerna Power Lock is applied? I understand that certain products will not bond to other. I read somewhere that Chemical Guys EZ-Creme Glaze is good to use before MPL because it is acrylic based rather than oil based. Can someone please chime in? I want to make sure I do this right the first time. Thanks!

Bunky
03-10-2015, 05:23 PM
If this is your first detail and you have a 2015, I would over complicate it plus it gives you a chance to learn how things look without combining multiple layers.

I would suggest just use the Power Lock initially to see how you like it. Then after a couple washes, then top with the wax to see how it looks then. You really should not need a glaze to either hide or boost gloss. The paint should be in great shape anyway.