PDA

View Full Version : Car Scents

Pages : [1] 2

Jersey John
03-10-2015, 12:02 PM
Just wondering what everyone uses for scenting cars after doing the interior. I've used chemical guys and enjoy that, but want to know what other options are out there. Please no answers like, "I give them the smell of a cleaned car"
Thanks for the help.

Stegs
03-10-2015, 12:09 PM
Just wondering what everyone uses for scenting cars after doing the interior. I've used chemical guys and enjoy that, but want to know what other options are out there. Please no answers like, "I give them the smell of a cleaned car"
Thanks for the help.

this may or may not help but i use chemical guys stripper scent

I know, i know, its a gimmicky air freshener......but i have to admit, it smells good and i buy it alot

I like CG products, I have never been disappointed in any of them that i tried.

Anyway, dont know what you use from them, but stripper scent does smell good. I spray it in our house everywhere

Jersey John
03-10-2015, 12:11 PM
this may or may not help but i use chemical guys stripper scent

I know, i know, its a gimmicky air freshener......but i have to admit, it smells good and i buy it alot

I like CG products, I have never been disappointed in any of them that i tried.

Anyway, dont know what you use from them, but stripper scent does smell good. I spray it in our house everywhere

How do you get it to last in cars. I have my method but if I can get it to last longer in my personal vehicles I'd be ecstatic. Right now I have the Honeydew and the Cherry but I'm looking at getting some more.

MikeC78
03-10-2015, 12:16 PM
I like the "new" or newer car scent. With that said, I like Griots car scents. I used a combo of their new car scent and leather. I tend to like the leather scent better.

lpklemmer
03-10-2015, 12:26 PM
Customers love a good aroma when they get into their freshly detailed cars. I used ozium for awhile, but its cost and not lasting long at all did not impress me.

Chemical guys scents, especially the New car and Leather are top notch in my opinion. Just a spritz of one, or both on freshly cleaned carpets leaves the vehicle with a pleasant aroma for 1-2 weeks depending on how heavily the vehicle is used.

Stegs
03-10-2015, 12:28 PM
How do you get it to last in cars. I have my method but if I can get it to last longer in my personal vehicles I'd be ecstatic. Right now I have the Honeydew and the Cherry but I'm looking at getting some more.

mine only last a month or so

best thing i did to "extend" how long it last...

I used a coworkers ozone machine.....it pulled all the smells out of my vehicle and then i did the stripper scent, it lasted much longer b/c it wasnt "masking" other smells ...

-:xyxthumbs:

FUNX650
03-10-2015, 12:59 PM
•No Car Scents for me!

•Car (air)Fresheners/Scents are just another source for exposure to harmful chemicals---those "silent killers" that accumulate in human's fatty-tissues---the ones that most people totally ignore.

Bob

Dereksdtail
03-10-2015, 01:06 PM
Megs interior detailers smell amazing

SameGuy
03-10-2015, 01:14 PM
I've had ozone generator questions since watching one of the Larry videos that featured it. I don't mean to hijack the thread but I'd be interested to hear if anybody here uses them.

If I do a thorough interior cleaning I find the scent of the products used tends to linger quite a while, even with proper extraction. I'm curious what Meg's Detailer Tannin Stain & Fiber Rinse will leave behind.

Romach
03-10-2015, 01:31 PM
•No Car Scents for me!

•Car (air)Fresheners/Scents are just another source for exposure to harmful chemicals---those "silent killers" that accumulate in human's fatty-tissues---the ones that most people totally ignore.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Are you sure? Where did you get this information from?

Ronan

Breese147
03-10-2015, 01:38 PM
I just brought some CG samples of stripper scent, leather, and new car. My favorite is the stripped scent but I encountered a problem when two of customers said his wife thought he had another women in the car.the scent is pleasant but it smells like a women's perfume. The new car smell is another good one. And I use the leather on cars with leather. One thing I do is spray the scent heavily under the foot vents and close the doors and recent the air from the car on high for two minutes and it takes away the strong smell and makes it more uniform throughout the entire car.

FUNX650
03-10-2015, 04:51 PM
Hi Bob,

Are you sure?
Even though there might be "all-natural" Freshners:
Yes.

Where did you get this information from?
•Here in the U.S.:

-SDSs [which started replacing MSDSs ~2012...and which have been further adapted to take into account the rules for safety data sheets of the Global Harmonised System (GHS)]

Note:
When the SDSs list only trade secrets/proprietary
ingredients...the Code of Federal Regulations 29 CFR is invoked. Meaning:
In the US...Car Air Freshners, and their ingredients, (including VOCs), are not regulated at the State or Federal levels.

-OSHA
-EPA
-NIOSH
-Center for Disease Control
-Dept. of Transportation
-Dept. of Labor
-etc.

Bob

MikeC78
03-10-2015, 08:50 PM
FUNX-

Which city do you reside? I'm sure all the nasty crap you breath and carcinogens are much worse. ;).

FUNX650
03-10-2015, 11:48 PM
FUNX-

Which city do you reside? I'm sure all the nasty crap you breath and carcinogens are much worse. ;).
MikeC-

According to the near-real-time Air Quality Data Acquisition
and Reporting System---as operated and maintained by
Ohio EPA's Division of Air Pollution Control:

No, thankfully, it is not.

Bob

The Guz
03-11-2015, 02:03 AM
I like and use the Meguiar's Air-Refresher Odor Eliminator in new car scent.