PDA

View Full Version : Bad Powerlock?

Dr.K
03-09-2015, 09:25 PM
I have a bottle of Powerlock that's just 3 years old. I used it about a month ago and it worked fine. I tried to use it again a few days ago and it won't dry, it stays wet for a long time, like over 2 hours. The weather is in the sixties but I've tried it in the house and it won't dry there either. What could be wrong? Do sealants that get old have this kind of thing happen? I'm baffled. Thanks in advance!

Bunky
03-10-2015, 10:38 AM
In my experience, older sealants hazed too quickly but have not used any old Powerlock.

Charleston
03-10-2015, 11:56 AM
Did you shake for a good amount of time?

Dr.K
03-10-2015, 05:50 PM
Did you shake for a good amount of time?

Maybe 30 seconds. It looks well mixed. IDK, maybe that's the problem. I'll try it again a shake it for at least a couple of minutes.

I just don't see how or why it would do this, especially since I just used it a month ago and it was fine.

Thanks!

Dr.K
03-10-2015, 06:26 PM
Okay! I shook it for almost 5 minutes and then applied it to a piece of glass inside of the house. After 18 minutes, I used my finger to wipe across it. I did this back and forth a few times and it gummed up on my finger tip and it felt choppy, my finger wouldn't run across it smoothly. I wiped it off and it was nice and smooth. IDK whats up with it.

Setec Astronomy
03-10-2015, 07:40 PM
So are you saying that it works normally now that you shook it more? Or it's still not drying?

Sizzle Chest
03-10-2015, 07:57 PM
Sounds like it went bad/separated to me. I would pitch it and pick up some more. I know that some of my products can and do 'spoil' from the temperature/temperature swing(s) when being kept in the garage.

Kamakaz1961
03-10-2015, 08:52 PM
Sounds like it went bad/separated to me. I would pitch it and pick up some more. I know that some of my products can and do 'spoil' from the temperature/temperature swing(s) when being kept in the garage.

:iagree:Just get a new one. Or in this case look for another brand of sealant. Either way Powerlock is an awesome product.