PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions

11Silverado
03-09-2015, 02:01 PM
I have two quick questions. I'm looking into purchasing ONR, but I'm not sure which microfiber towels to use. Which microfiber towels do you guys suggest washing and drying with when using ONR? My second question is about wheel wells. I clean my wheel wells with Meguiar's Super Degreaser and that gets them clean. However, they are starting to look at bit faded and I want to make them darker again (more of an original, new appearance). I'm not looking for a temporary dressing, but a longer lasting option. What would you guys suggest? Thank you!

ruby2sdaynar
03-09-2015, 05:51 PM
I have been using TRC Edgeless Eagles for ONR washes and I use CG Bare Bones for wheel wells.

Kengo123
03-09-2015, 06:02 PM
Use the plushest towels you have for onr. We get by with bulk towels from sams club, but it does marr a little

The Guz
03-09-2015, 06:04 PM
I use the same microfibers for rinseless washes. Look into Meguiar's D4510 Plastic & Vinyl Coating for the wheel wells. There is even the new ultimate black trim restorer (aerosol version) that is even more durable.

11Silverado
03-09-2015, 06:11 PM
I have been using TRC Edgeless Eagles for ONR washes and I use CG Bare Bones for wheel wells.

Do you also use those same towels to dry with or something different?

rms64
03-09-2015, 06:37 PM
I use these when using ONR and they work great - very plush.

Shine & Buff Waterless Wash Towel (http://www.autogeek.net/best-waterless-wash-towel.html)

For drying I really like these:

Carrand Microfiber MAX Supreme Drying Towel, microfiber drying towel, supreme microfiber towel, auto spa (http://www.autogeek.net/microfiber-drying-towel.html)

Or, I use my master blaster to dry.

You'll get lots of answers but this combo works great for me.

Good luck! You'll love ONR...

Goin Rogue
03-09-2015, 06:48 PM
I have the shine & buff too. I use the Cobra guzzler hd ww to dry.

spazzz
03-09-2015, 07:12 PM
I use 2 TRC chenille mitts for the first 2 lower swipes on the sides,were the heavier grime is. One swipe per side of mitt and one mitt per side. I try to roll the mitt as I am doing this.

Then I use about 6 TRC blue eagle edgeless for the rest of the paint.
I use a Cobra guzzler and D156 to dry.
For the wheels I use walmart Microtex Platinum XLs.

ruby2sdaynar
03-09-2015, 07:22 PM
Do you also use those same towels to dry with or something different?
I have but they aren't that great at drying.. I use either MFT Extra Fluffy Microfiber Quick Detail & Waterless Wash Cloth 700 GSM or my new love for final buffing and QD and spray wax application are the Artic White Towel http://www.autogeek.net/white-microfiber-towels-3.html

AZ Mike
03-09-2015, 07:32 PM
I use the Shine & Buff Waterless Wash Towel as well along with Super Plush Junior 16"x16".

swanicyouth
03-09-2015, 07:44 PM
You'll get a million answers for towels, so I'm not going to give you mine. But for wheel wells, the only thing that really holds up is DLux.

It's a LOT of work though - I did it. You have to pull the wheels and get the wheel wells perfectly clean. This is not as easy as it sounds. There will be tar and all kinds of embedded garbage in the plastic. Just when you think it's clean - you'll find more dirt. It takes SEVERAL rounds of clean and rinse to get them clean.

If your going this route, I'd recommend Tuff Shine Tire Cleaner to clean the plastic. You will also likely need some type of solvent type bug and tar remover like TarX.

After its all cleaned - rinse well and wipe them with Eraser. Then apply DLux. You will use a lot.

This is the type of work you do on a show car or a garage queen. I would not waste your time with a daily driver, as it will still get pelted with like a zillion rocks and pieces of dirt on a daily basis.

If your interested, I prolly have pictures of the process somewhere.

For a daily driver, just spray them down with Megs D4510 after each wash. I've tried several "dressings" - and this is the best. It doesn't leave a greasy mess the next time you clean the wheel wells, and it's aerosol - so it dries quickly and spreads evenly.

You won't need an applicator or have to spread gobs of greasy solvent based dressing (common products sold for undercarriage) - that will leave a greasy mess and turn into brown sludge the next time you clean the wheel well.

11Silverado
03-09-2015, 09:44 PM
Thanks for all the responses, I really appreciate it. I'll have to pick up some more microfiber towels along with ONR. I'll have to keep searching for what product I want to try on my wheel wells.