PDA

View Full Version : swirls or sand paper marks?

bobbyjos55
03-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Hi, my first post except introduction,i have a newly painted inner fairing that i got done from a guy in florida,well the media door and the other side that looks like a door ,has like swirl or sand paper marks ,i tried turtle wax scratch stuff by hand but didnt touch it,i am very new to this but what could i use by hand to get this out,hope i make since,thanks

AutowerxDetailing
03-08-2015, 09:54 PM
It's hard to say for sure what caused the defects without seeing a picture; however, since it is a freshly painted panel it is highly likely that you are dealing with sanding marks that were not fully polished out by the body shop.

If it is, in fact, sanding marks that you are dealing with then it is going to be extremely difficult to remove them by hand. It's possible, just ridiculously time consuming. Machine polishing would save lots of time and produce a better end result. With that being said, if you are hell bent on doing this by hand, my suggestion would be to pick up some CarPro 3" Flash Pads and Meguiar's M105. This combo will lay waste to 1500g sanding marks (even by hand). Oh, and toss the Turtle Wax stuff in the garbage. It's worthless.

J Cole
03-08-2015, 10:04 PM
Hi, my first post except introduction,i have a newly painted inner fairing that i got done from a guy in florida,well the media door and the other side that looks like a door ,has like swirl or sand paper marks ,i tried turtle wax scratch stuff by hand but didnt touch it,i am very new to this but what could i use by hand to get this out,hope i make since,thanks

I'd ask the guy about it first - he should be able to properly finish it for you.

davey g-force
03-08-2015, 10:48 PM
I'd ask the guy about it first - he should be able to properly finish it for you.

Yeah... then you just have to remove his holograms ;)

bobbyjos55
03-09-2015, 06:06 AM
yah i asked him ,he said use a mild compound to remove,he said the lighting in his shop wasnt good because he was moving into new shop,just so they come out ,still cheaper then harley fairing if they come out,thanks so far