PDA

View Full Version : 2015 escape new car prep

Bill1234
03-08-2015, 04:33 PM
New family cuv, but did not have the ability to clean it until months later as it was winter.

Products used:
various brushed for wheels and trim
sonax full effect on rims,zep citrus on wheel wells and tires 1:1
mix of maxi suds 2 zep citrus and dish soap to remove dealer prep wax thing.
iron x on paint, then clay with optimum no rinse
lsp was collinite 476s applied to paint glass and exhaust
trim got zep citrus cleaning then 303 aerospace and optimum opti bond on tires
Engine bay also wiped with apc and protected with 303

took about 5 hours, will have to wipe windows and wax them when I have time.
Relatively easy to clean,just took some time.

rockinrandall
03-08-2015, 04:56 PM
Nice work!
Judging from the background, it looks like this bath was still a little chilly....
I'm in Atlanta and we aren't real familiar with that white stuff on the ground. I have a 2010 F150 that took forever to get the "polish" off after I took delivery of it, even though I asked them not to touch it. I'm interested in your opinion of the 303. I have used it only twice on my father's RV for the graphics. How well does it hold up on the trim?

Bill1234
03-08-2015, 05:00 PM
Nice work!
Judging from the background, it looks like this bath was still a little chilly....
I'm in Atlanta and we aren't real familiar with that white stuff on the ground. I have a 2010 F150 that took forever to get the "polish" off after I took delivery of it, even though I asked them not to touch it. I'm interested in your opinion of the 303. I have used it only twice on my father's RV for the graphics. How well does it hold up on the trim?

It was cold for about 2 hrs but hit 50 for a little more than 3 which is when the water was flowing. I like 303 as its new to me, but I have yet to see how durability is. I think it should be good though from what I hear