PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Mistake

11Silverado
03-08-2015, 08:40 AM
Not too long ago I applied sealant and wax to my truck. I used the porter cable for the first time spreading it and I ended up with wax residue in a few areas. One area in particular is behind a clear bra type material that is behind the rear wheels. There are a few other places as well and I'm not sure the best way to safely remove it. What would you guys recommend?

bill walsh
03-08-2015, 09:00 AM
you could try using a soft tooth brush

swanicyouth
03-08-2015, 09:40 AM
Removing wax from clear bra edges is very hard to do safely. Ask me how I know...

The best thing I have found is to rub a little mineral spirits with your finger on the edge of the material. Just keep rubbing it in - you only need a few drops. If the clear bra is quality - it won't effect the adhesive.

Any brush or tooth pick type technique will end up scratching something.

I've struggled with this as well, the solution is just don't get any wax or sealant near clear bras and tape up edges if need be.

To LSP clear bras, use Prima Hydro Max or WG Deep Gloss Liquid Seal. They are clear liquids and work well on this material.

11Silverado
03-09-2015, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the responses. I'll give that a try.

oldmodman
03-09-2015, 05:46 PM
To make it easier on yourself next time, just tape the edges. Use green super low stick tape. That should help prevent lifting the edges of the wrap plus keep the wax out of edge groove.