PDA

View Full Version : last time I try to do a write up

Detailing by M
03-08-2015, 12:10 AM
I'm so sick of this site not working!
I stopped posting awhile ago because it take me 4 freaking hours to do a stupid little write up!

Last week I decided to do a write up on the new Flex Kompakt and FAIL!!!
My pics didn't upload and on the fourth time I tried just uploading 1 pic and it worked, so I have to upload ONE PIC AT A TIME?

Nope, I'm out!
So instead of getting a nice review of the new Flex you get this rant instead.

custmsprty
03-08-2015, 12:19 AM
Must be operator error! Im the MAN:wow::laughing:

SameGuy
03-08-2015, 12:47 AM
PEBKAC :bolt:

Rmd
03-08-2015, 01:43 AM
It's okay, really. I'll get over the disappointment of missing your product review.

af90
03-08-2015, 01:55 AM
This is why any long post I always copy it before pressing submit. I usually don't upload photos to Autogeek, not too big of a fan of the process plus its watermarked whereas photo bucket isn't.

Klasse Act
03-08-2015, 11:03 AM
I can not post pictures on Tapatalk I have to go to the actual autogeek application and then post pictures over there.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

TroyScherer
03-08-2015, 11:13 AM
I upload all my videos and pictures separately first.
Then I write up my stuff in a "word" document so I cansave it if I need it later.
Then I copy and past it into my topic and modify it for colors or indent as needed. I copy the finished product back into my word document.
I use the "preview" function to make sure everything looks correct before posting.

I hope this helps.

Riff
03-08-2015, 01:43 PM
I upload all my videos and pictures separately first.

Then I write up my stuff in a "word" document so I cansave it if I need it later.

Then I copy and past it into my topic and modify it for colors or indent as needed. I copy the finished product back into my word document.

I use the "preview" function to make sure everything looks correct before posting.

I hope this helps.

Great idea.

sjb89
03-08-2015, 02:38 PM
I'm so sick of this site not working!
I stopped posting awhile ago because it take me 4 freaking hours to do a stupid little write up!

Last week I decided to do a write up on the new Flex Kompakt and FAIL!!!
My pics didn't upload and on the fourth time I tried just uploading 1 pic and it worked, so I have to upload ONE PIC AT A TIME?

Nope, I'm out!
So instead of getting a nice review of the new Flex you get this rant instead.

I don't blame you for getting mad. Especially when you get smart ass replies when you're frustrated. I too can not post any pictures or an avatar on this website. This is the ONLY website that gives me trouble. It is not user friendly. I gave up trying. Not worth it!

FUNX650
03-08-2015, 02:56 PM
Can't figure why you're experiencing such posting diffculties: This is the only website that is absolutely trouble-free for me! :dblthumb2:

Bob

swanicyouth
03-08-2015, 03:29 PM
You can ad me to the list of not be able to upload pics via AG's site reliably. It would work like once out of ten times. I was told the files were too big, not right, etc...

I'm sure if I was a computer genius - I could figure it out. But, I exclusively use TAPATALK on an iPad now and use their picture upload service with no issues.

So, for those having issues, I'd recommend TAPATALK on an iPad.

parttimer
03-08-2015, 04:08 PM
I put all my pictures on photobucket then use those links.

sjb89
03-08-2015, 05:59 PM
I use a 2013 MacBook Pro. Every other website I ever tried , I can post pictures with no issues. The Autogeek website says"Invalid Error " even to post a Avatar picture. My method works on Autopia with no issues. I do the exact same thing here. How do you explain that ?

SameGuy
03-08-2015, 07:07 PM
This place uses standard BBcode. No issues here *other* than when my browser does something unfortunate. But I use an iOS device 99% of the time, and tabs auto-refreshing is a known issue with WebKit-based browsers. Type type type, go to the Picasaweb tab to grab the picture's URL, come back here to paste the link and the tab auto-refreshes, wiping out all the previous typing. I just have to remember to copy stuff to Notes as I go if I plan to create a lengthy post on any forums.