PDA

View Full Version : Time from glaze to sealant

Rod73
03-06-2015, 12:26 AM
I'm curious for those who have used glazes, especially White Diamond and EZ Creme, how much time do you wait until you put on the sealant? ... I have been told by some to wait like you would if you were applying sealant

Rmd
03-06-2015, 01:46 AM
I usually give it about an hour before putting the sealant over EZ or White Diamond. I don't have any particular scientific justification, just seemed to make sense. That's not particularly helpful I know, but the point being that I haven't had any issues doing it that way.

Rod73
03-06-2015, 01:58 AM
I usually give it about an hour before putting the sealant over EZ or White Diamond. I don't have any particular scientific justification, just seemed to make sense. That's not particularly helpful I know, but the point being that I haven't had any issues doing it that way.
Actually this was very helpful. I'm going to follow that blueprint

Desertnate
03-06-2015, 08:42 AM
I don't wait at all. Never really thought about letting the glaze cure. I just finish one, swap out pads on the DA and move on to the next step. However, since I follow the same route around the car for each product, it probably works out to about 30 minutes of dwell time.

I've used Blackhole (similar to White Diamond) and Amigo both in this way with no issues at all with the LSP.

FUNX650
03-06-2015, 09:21 AM
I've never worried myself over Glazes' cure-times.
There are even some Glazes that never really "cure".

Not many options in that last scenario...except to
go ahead and slap some LSP on top of them...
for a, hopefully, more hardy sacrificial barrier.

Bob

swanicyouth
03-06-2015, 10:06 AM
If the glaze has nano technology, I'll wait a nano second. A regular glaze - 1 whole second.