PDA

View Full Version : Form Gun or Wash System Bucket?

Reddwarf
06-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Since first finding Autogeek and then reading this forum I have wanted to someday buy the Complete Wash System (http://www.autogeek.net/cowasywido.html) even though it does seem to contradict the two bucket method. But now, there is all this hubbub over the Foam Gun (http://www.autogeek.net/auqufofogun.html).

Now, I know there are some that would say "get both!", but whilst I don't mind spending money on the car I don't want to go in debt either!

Anyone care to opine on these two alternatives, or are they indeed completely different and serve different purposes?

PS. I meant "FOAM"

abrcrombe
06-16-2006, 08:34 PM
In my opinion, the safest bet would be to get both, or at least use the grit guard. Using the Foam gun properly, you should diminish any chance of creating swirls from the washing process. If you want to save a few bucks get the foam gun (quart size saves 10 bucks off of the half gallon) and a grit guard for your wash mitts bucket.

Djmigs
06-16-2006, 08:40 PM
since your saying one or the other i would say get the foam gun and two grit guards and two buckets and 2 or 3 some high quality sheep skin and another for your rims....the complete wash system is a great kit but its more convinance so you can push your bucket along plus you can sit on it when polish the side of the vehicle or cleaning your rims it definetly is worth it but since you try to cut cost then that would be the way...

Reddwarf
06-16-2006, 09:09 PM
I had not considered getting a grit guard alone. Hmm. Would you put one in each bucket (the soap bucket and the rinse bucket)? I don't need the seat as I alrady have a mechanics stool for ding the wheels, etc. I do admit a bucket with wheels would be convienent but it's not a big deal without it.

abrcrombe
06-16-2006, 09:11 PM
Well you wouldn't need a Soap bucket if you got a foam gun though. I've heard you can use two grit guards in one bucket. I think one should be enough.

Reddwarf
06-16-2006, 09:14 PM
Good point! With a foam gun there is only the need for the rinse bucket. This is sounding better!

abrcrombe
06-16-2006, 09:15 PM
You might not even need the grit guard. I don't even think Neothin uses one, and he is VERY particular in his process.

ScottB
06-16-2006, 09:30 PM
I use a foam gun (best tool) and a bucket (w/ grit gard) and fresh water to wash out my sheepskin mitt.