PDA

View Full Version : New toy!

Pages : [1] 2

eaglefan
03-04-2015, 11:24 PM
Over the course of my life I have been "Talked out of buying a Harley", by my ex wife at the time. I was talked out of it because of the usually stuff, dangerous, money, we have young kids, etc,
In 2012 i got a divorce. Wasn't the greatest thing I have been thru but I believe all parties involved are in a much better place now.
Fast forward to Feb 28. I had a 2013 explorer to do. Interior, light polish, seal, done. one of my real good buddies lives 2 houses down from where the work was being done. Buddy also knew that I have been on the phone with 3 HD dealers in the previous weeks. My great friend helped buff off the BFWD and then he started to help pick everything up and put it in the back of the avalanche for the ride home. Then I get a call from a salesman saying I need to take the 1.5 hr trip to check out what he just got in. Talked to my buddy and he said lets go, he has beautiful road glide in his garage that I have worked on.
I will keep this part short. We arrive in the shop and the salesman takes me back to the service area to show me a 2009 Road Glide. Vivid Black and dusty. This bike has 1280 miles on it! 6 years old and 1280 miles!! Basically a new bike. Bike is bone stock, nothing done to it except grips. 5.5 hrs later I left owning the bike. I should be back this time next week to pick it up. Papers are signed, I have insurance and registration. Reason for the wait, the dealer is installing a new front tire, black 14 in handle bars with the correct black cables and wires, and Bassani duel mufflers. I feel like a 10 year old days before christmas!
when I get the bike in the garage the cleaning and detailing will start. Bike will be on a bike jack. It will get a UWW, compounded if needed, polished with probably HD polish, and then reflect. What do you guys think for LSP? I have Fusion, WGDGPS,BFWD, BFMS, UPGP,Black light VO7 combo. I am open for suggestions on LSP so give me your pick! Also, chrome will be down with Optimum metal polish. S100 makes a spray stuff for the black wrinkle on the motor that I will be using. Open for suggestion! Thanks

DaveT435
03-04-2015, 11:40 PM
Congratulations!! Nice toy! I would go with UPGP.

fly07sti
03-05-2015, 02:11 AM
Congrats! FAIW, I have only owned vivid black Harley's. Since you and passengers will be getting off and on a lot, passenger will be touching the top of the bags a lot, and bottom of your jacket will touch the tank a lot. There will be a lot of marring induced on that soft paint, I'd coat it! I just finished an 06 Electra glide for a friend of mine and coated with CQUK and he's in love with the ease of maintaining it.

eaglefan
03-05-2015, 08:10 AM
Ive thought about the coating and I really like the idea of it. I am leaning towards a coat or 2 of fuzion. Really want to see what it does to the black paint. I really can't go wrong with any of them including the coating. Harley offered me their"coating" by simonize for $900. That was the best laugh I had that day

Paul A.
03-05-2015, 09:19 AM
Congratulations eaglefan! That sounds exciting. Of course we will need pictures asap :xyxthumbs:

tuscarora dave
03-05-2015, 09:41 AM
Congrats!! Ditto on the pictures!!

eaglefan
03-05-2015, 09:41 AM
See if this works

eaglefan
03-05-2015, 09:44 AM
This is without the bars or the pipes, before new front tire. My buddy gave me a 8 inch dark tint windshield for it. Between the bars and the windshield it won't even look like the same bike. Can't wait!

tuscarora dave
03-05-2015, 09:45 AM
Nice bike!! Every time I get on a bike and turn the key on, I put myself in the "Every one of these suckers out on the road is trying to kill me" mode.

It is absolutely our own responsibility to keep the shiny side up!! That said, Enjoy your new Toy!!

eaglefan
03-05-2015, 09:53 AM
Thanks, man and your right! I am originally from south jersey and now live in pensacola. There are some great roads down here to ride on. Down the beach and lots of backroads. There are also roads that seem like idiot magnets. I haven't had a vacation in 10 plus years, which will change this summer. Buddies and I are discussing trips already. They leave next wen for daytona, can't make that one.

Paul A.
03-05-2015, 10:24 AM
Nice! Best of luck with it.

eaglefan
03-05-2015, 10:32 AM
Thanks everyone!

tuscarora dave
03-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Thanks, man and your right! I am originally from south jersey and now live in pensacola. There are some great roads down here to ride on. Down the beach and lots of backroads. There are also roads that seem like idiot magnets. I haven't had a vacation in 10 plus years, which will change this summer. Buddies and I are discussing trips already. They leave next wen for daytona, can't make that one.

Sounds nice!! I personally have never owned a real trip worthy bike, but have taken many trips. It'll be too soon if I ever have to switch from sitting my right leg then my left leg across the seat cause my butt is too sore to sit on the seat after about 500 miles.

Looks like you sure won't have that problem with that beauty!!

Once I get through the next few years of business and grow into a more profitable situation, I'll be buying something similar. I see me going with an older model dresser that needs mechanical and aesthetic work. That's just the way I usually do things but that's subject to change.

AZ Mike
03-05-2015, 10:43 AM
Congratulations on the new toy.

03-05-2015, 11:25 AM
Congrats! One of these days I'll get a Harley :xyxthumbs: