PDA

View Full Version : Substitute to Megs Quik Interior Detailer

Pages : [1] 2 3

RMCY
03-03-2015, 07:02 PM
Hi,

Megs QID is my go to interior detailer. My cars are new and I like the light cleaning, no smearing and fresh scent of the product. It is fast working and goes on every surface (except fabrics). It leaves enough protection in between my weekely maintenence details.

I use it for almost a year and now I'm looking for new experiences. Please help me out recommending equal or better substitute to this product, keeping the above basic features.
I will make an Autogeek order next week and must buy this.:props:

Thks a lot.:dblthumb2:

Rafael

RMCY
03-03-2015, 07:04 PM
I missed the most important feature: Matte finish. No greasy or shiny look please. :xyxthumbs:

conman1395
03-03-2015, 07:11 PM
1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium is what I prefer to Megs Quik Interior Detailer. I really like both though.

BillyJack
03-03-2015, 07:19 PM
I use both QID and Optimum Opti-Clean. QID is a more powerful cleaner, so that's usually what the family cars get. Both my DD and garage queen are kept up pretty regular, so OC is all I need. What I like most about OC is that it doesn't seem to clean off the dressing that's already on the interior. It's also safe on touch screens, as well as being a decent waterless wash product for bird bombs, bugs etc., so it's versatility earns it a permanent spot in my trunk bag.

Bill

FUNX650
03-03-2015, 07:24 PM
So...
You're searching for a product(s), that has the exact same qualities and characteristics, that which you find Meguiar's QID meets with you most favorably?

IMHO:
1.)
It's an absolutely brilliant proposition...
but I'm not going for it.

2.)
You're looking at a search that'll probably result
in having a serious ball ache.

Bob

conman1395
03-03-2015, 07:33 PM
So...
You're searching for a product(s), that has the exact same qualities and characteristics, that which you find Meguiar's QID meets with you most favorably?

IMHO:
1.)

2.)

Bob
I agree. Why search for a product with the same properties and why search for a different product when you currently have and use one you like?

swanicyouth
03-03-2015, 08:26 PM
Onr 1:16

BMW Interior Cleaner 1:1

RMCY
03-03-2015, 08:28 PM
Trying new things educates and motivates, even when you are not in mood for big changes.
And it's also fun when you post once in a while and get friendly feedback. Just as enjoying as doing your own research and reading.

Thanks for the 1Z and Opt sugestions. I will check them.

RMCY
03-03-2015, 08:40 PM
And Funx, your rhetoric has a unique place in this forum (No irony in these words, please). We all benefit from highly technical members.

Kengo123
03-03-2015, 08:45 PM
So...

IMHO:
1.)

2.)

Bob

Lol

FUNX650
03-03-2015, 08:55 PM
Trying new things educates and motivates, even when you are not in mood for big changes.
And it's also fun when you post once in a while and get friendly feedback. Just as enjoying as doing your own research and reading.

Thanks for the 1Z and Opt sugestions. I will check them.
IMO:
This "type" of education and motivation that you're wanting to undertake can be regarded as an excuse to spend money...often: lots and lots of money...Just to "keep up with the Joneses".

Me:
I've always had that working-class fear of having nothing.
I've always got one eye on what's in the bank.

Here's one of my mottos:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/image1084.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/91508)

Of course:
YMMV.

Bob

RMCY
03-03-2015, 09:36 PM
IMO:
This "type" of education and motivation that you're wanting to undertake can be regarded as an excuse to spend money...often: lots and lots of money...Just to "keep up with the Joneses".

Me:
I've always had that working-class fear of having nothing.
I've always got one eye on what's in the bank.

Here's one of my mottos:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/image1084.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/91508)

Of course:
YMMV.

Bob

Hey Bob, I got your point. but you may have lost your balance on this one. When you have a bottle of chemical empty and have to buy some more, and want something similar, paying cheaper or a little bit more cash, it's not a matter of spending (wasting) money, it's simple restocking to me. BTW, in my particular case, I have not found yet better cost-benefit than QID. Before checking out an AG order, some research comes handy.
I'm curious: May I ask? what is your approach on interior detailing? What do you use? How do you do it?
Rafael

CaveRacing
03-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Rafael,

While I've not used the Meguiars QID, I share your desire to try new products and also prefer interior ones that leave a matte finish. I've been using Chemical Guys Innerclean for a short period. I like it. Have you considered this option?

Good luck in the search. Keep us posted on your next choice and results!

FUNX650
03-03-2015, 10:20 PM
Hey Bob, I got your point. but you may have lost your balance on this one.
Rafael...

No hard feelings, but I won't be acquiescing...
because: the following phrasing is not what you originally posted in the first two posts of this thread of yours.

When you have a bottle of chemical empty and have to buy some more, and want something similar, paying cheaper or a little bit more cash, it's not a matter of spending (wasting) money, it's simple restocking to me. BTW, in my particular case, I have not found yet better cost-benefit than QID. Before checking out an AG order, some research comes handy.

If you would have originally used the same straightforwardness-wording...(such as: "similar", "restocking", "cost-benefit", etc.)...you just may have elicited a different approach in my "suggestions".

As to my current interior products:
-Meguiar's QID (no big surprise there)
-303AP
-303 Fabric Guard
-303 Spot Cleaner

Bob

custmsprty
03-03-2015, 10:26 PM
Chemical Guys SILK SHINE, my favorite by farrrrrr. My friends and customers love it too.

2nd Would be 303 Aero. But I prefer Silk Shine. One of CG's best products. Matt, dry finish, doesn't retain dust and has an excellent initial fragrance.