PDA

View Full Version : wax questions

Stegs
03-03-2015, 10:53 AM
question for you guys

yesterday i bought collinite 845 insulator wax. I read nothing but great reviews, and watched many youtube videos on it.

I expect it to be here by the end of this week

My question for you guys is...how does 845 do with reflection and gloss?

My other question is about poorboys blue wax.

is this wax good for reflection?

Can I use both in conjunction with eachother? As is put down poorboys first, then do a coat of 845?

Im coming from chemical guys (Im very happy with them) just want to try something else

Whats your guys thoughts on it?

PA DETAILER
03-03-2015, 11:37 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/40243-collinite-845-definitive-how-guide-legendary-wax.html

Setec Astronomy
03-03-2015, 11:40 AM
I'm always amused when people ask for advice on something after they've already ordered it...buyer's remorse, I guess.

If you want to use both, put the 845 on first, the Natty's blue will be less durable, but will probably give a better appearance (for a while).

Jaretr1
03-03-2015, 12:16 PM
Many will say, its not so much what LSP you use, but what you do prior to applying the LSP that will effect how shiny or glossy the paint is. 845 looks just fine and is as durable a wax as you will find. Just apply thin thin thin!!

Zubair
03-03-2015, 12:59 PM
845 beats sealants in looks but not paste waxes.

Desertnate
03-03-2015, 01:16 PM
Whether you like the look of 845 is purely subjective.

I like the look of it on my vehicles. On a properly polished surface, it produces a great shine. I've topped it with Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax and the little bit of carnauba wax that comes in the DP Power Wash. Both combinations look amazing. On my wife's crimson/maroon car I prefer the Quik Wax. On my black car I prefer warmer glossier look of the carnauba.

845 is a fantastic product. It looks good and it's very durable. Whether it's your cup of tea is up to you.

FUNX650
03-03-2015, 02:20 PM
IMO:

•An LSP that when subjected to testing using a 20º Glossmeter...and has readings >70 GU...can be
(at least at that particular moment in time) considered a high gloss product.

•Other than that:
Gloss is subjective..."in the eye of the beholder"...
as it were.

Bob

Stegs
03-03-2015, 02:52 PM
I'm always amused when people ask for advice on something after they've already ordered it...buyer's remorse, I guess.

If you want to use both, put the 845 on first, the Natty's blue will be less durable, but will probably give a better appearance (for a while).

hardly, I cant wait for it, my concern is the amount of shine, or should i put something else on (like poorboys) to help with shine

I cant wait for collinite....its what ive been looking for in a product