PDA

View Full Version : The case for the Absorber.

andy2485
03-02-2015, 09:29 PM
I have used one for a few years, and I have never seen a problem. I've never marred the paint, or scratched the paint. I do have a CG drying towel which i use on some cars, but the I use the Absorber the majority of the time. I don't get the hate on it!

g35_coupe
03-02-2015, 10:07 PM
I have one but never liked how "grabby" it was when getting residual water, which could potentially mar the paint. It does soak up a lot of water but I've retired it from the car in place of some Cobra Guzzlers.

FUNX650
03-02-2015, 11:33 PM
I don't get the hate on it!
Most often: I don't either.

Bob

dcjredline
03-03-2015, 12:34 AM
It would probably be pretty safe if you used it blotting instead of wiping huh?

Desertnate
03-03-2015, 09:57 AM
I've used one for a very long time and not had issues with marring either. I have both a dark colored Toyota with soft paint and a black car.

When properly pre-wetted, I've not found it to be grabby at all.

Now that mine is so old, I have noticed it isn't absorbing water all that well and it's fraying along the edges. I'm looking to replace it with a MF drying towel only because I'm looking to use a drying aid and I don't see that working well with the Absorber Material.

ScottB
03-03-2015, 06:24 PM
blow a little sand on the surface, then wipe. It is indeed grippy and has no nap to move dirt/sand up and away from the surface. Its not a bad product, but likely better choices exist.

AnthonyGXP
03-03-2015, 11:15 PM
Just like a chamois they are great "Absorbers"........but they have no ability to lift dirt or dust that may be on the surface like a MF towel would.

If by some chance you missed a spot in the wash process you would be grinding that dirt into the paint rather than picking it up safely into the "Fibers" and carrying the particulates safely off the surface.

AnthonyGXP
03-03-2015, 11:21 PM
It's not so much that the "Absorber" would scratch on it's own, it's what could potentially be under the "Absorber" as it travels across the surface of the paint that could scratch.

07gtcs
03-04-2015, 02:40 PM
I have two and used them until I found AG. They were always quite streaky for me.

swanicyouth
03-04-2015, 02:47 PM
I've always owned at least one convertible, and back in the day I used to use the absorber. After a few uses, they always left little specks of rubber from the towel on my roof.

Dunno.... It's too much like drying your car with a clay towel.